• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to sign sex assault bill as scandal engulfs White House

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Maybe I should post this in the comically hypocritical section?

Trump to sign sex assault bill as scandal engulfs White House

President Donald Trump will sign a measure on Wednesday aimed at preventing the kind of systemic sexual abuse perpetrated by Olympic gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar, who was recently sentenced to 40 to 175 years in prison. More than 150 women and girls said in court that he sexually abused them over the past two decades, including gold medalist Aly Raisman.

Sponsored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, the legislation will create an organization within the US Olympic Committee that would be responsible for receiving and handling inquiries and reports about abuse and making sure that allegations are promptly reported to law enforcement when necessary or resolved internally.​

OK that's two good things he's done this year. The first was not screwing up the SOTU. Somehow I think my list of scandals overshadows that.

While I love the bill that our lawmakers put together, which has actually been sorely needed for years (Larry Nassar just brought the need to the forefront due to the high profile and sheer numbers of ladies involved), there will be something extremely ironic about Mr. Due Process, He "Strongly" Denied It, signing that thing and smirking at the ignorance of people while doing it. Scratch that. It won't be ironic. To the people whose brains are fully formed and working, it will be offensive.

Hmm...15 women with unproven allegations vs 150 women plus video footage....yeah the two are really comparable. :roll: Oh wait, I'm supposed to blindly believe what people say. NVM! DOWN WITH TRUMP! HYPOCRITE! RACIST! MISOGYNIST! XENOPHOBE! GENDERPHOBE! MENTALLY ILL! EGOMANICAL!

And whatever else he supposedly is. :roll :

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…