• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:114]Trump admin admits. We will not try to control virus any longer. Let it wash over us.

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The Trump admin has resisted telling us the truth. Fauci and Birx are out, herd immunity and ignoring the virus are in.

But, we will prootect our vulnerables, except they dont, and wont. NOT ONE ****ING jot or tiddle of protection for the vulnerables.

And if you get sick? You, if you live, or your relatives, if you drop dead, will have a milllion dollar hospital bill. Im sure, some loving families, will choose to let the sufferer die without intervention, as the family KNOWS they cannot afford a million.

We are rounding the corner, with hand gestures, certainly soothes me, I dont know about you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White House chief of staff: 'We are not going to control the pandemic'

"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."
Pressed by Tapper on why the US isn't going to get the pandemic under control, Meadows said: "Because it is a contagious virus just like the flu." He added that the Trump administration is "making efforts to contain it."

"What we need to do is make sure that we have the proper mitigation factors, whether it's therapies or vaccines or treatments to make sure that people don't die from this," Meadows said.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/25/poli...rolling-coronavirus-pandemic-cnntv/index.html
-------------------------------------------------------------
therapies, treatments, vaccines. NO testing, no social distancing, no quarantining. No restricting businesses or gatherings. Simply wait till folks need a hospital bed. This with NO therapeutics. Nothing is even largely effective. While the right wing blames all deaths on Cuomo, right wingers have not even attempted to change the LAW that puts the elderly back into convalescent home, when they can simply continue to blame Dems.

Trump WANTS you to get the covid. Otherwise he would not be holding rallies, and telling those folks to go intimidate voters. He would not be telling his fans to not wear masks. He would not be telling us that WE ARE NOT GOING TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO CONTROL THE VIRUS.

The Trump admin has resisted telling us the truth. Fauci and Birx are out, herd immunity and ignoring the virus are in.

But, we will prootect our vulnerables, except they dont, and wont. NOT ONE ****ING jot or tiddle of protection for the vulnerables.

And if you get sick? You, if you live, or your relatives, if you drop dead, will have a milllion dollar hospital bill. Im sure, some loving families, will choose to let the sufferer die without intervention, as the family KNOWS they cannot afford a million.

We are rounding the corner, with hand gestures, certainly soothes me, I dont know about you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."
Pressed by Tapper on why the US isn't going to get the pandemic under control, Meadows said: "Because it is a contagious virus just like the flu." He added that the Trump administration is "making efforts to contain it."

"What we need to do is make sure that we have the proper mitigation factors, whether it's therapies or vaccines or treatments to make sure that people don't die from this," Meadows said.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/25/poli...rolling-coronavirus-pandemic-cnntv/index.html
therapies, treatments, vaccines. NO testing, no social distancing, no quarantining. No restricting businesses or gatherings. Simply wait till folks need a hospital bed. This with NO therapeutics. Nothing is even largely effective. While the right wing blames all deaths on Cuomo, right wingers have not even attempted to change the LAW that puts the elderly back into convalescent home, when they can simply continue to blame Dems.

Trump WANTS you to get the covid. Otherwise he would not be holding rallies, and telling those folks to go intimidate voters. He would not be telling his fans to not wear masks. He would not be telling us that WE ARE NOT GOING TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO CONTROL THE VIRUS.

The federal government has no power to regulate people in a meaningful way. It is up to the governors. The blue ones have failed miserably

It's OK! We have less than two weeks and the military will be distributing the vaccine! Trump said so!!!

The federal government has no power to regulate people in a meaningful way. It is up to the governors. The blue ones have failed miserably
You mean like the Governor in Wisconsin who tried to do the right thing, but was overruled by the Republican court?

That's an interesting approach considering the fact a vaccine is just going to be magically available or will we know it's efficacy immediately. We also haven't heard about how the administration plans on accelerating the distribution of treatments. The latter could be a viable approach since the goal is to prevent surges in hospitalizations. The problem is if you don't try to control the spread, the rest becomes hard to manage as well.

And when a governor tries to control the virus,, Trump calls upon them to threaten to murder and kidnap us, put us on show trial. Get real.

You mean like the Governor in Wisconsin who tried to do the right thing, but was overruled by the Republican court?

Yes like the democratic governor who refused to get legislative approval for an order they couldn't lawfully implement without going through the necessary steps.

And when a governor tries to control the virus,, Trump calls upon them to threaten to murder and kidnap us, put us on show trial. Get real.

Trump has not called for any governor to be murdered or kidnapped

Lol any person that votes for a guy that has dismissed this virus is irresponsible

Is there supposed be anything contained in your post that means something?

I agree with their main comment, trump and the Repubs will Not get the pandemic under control, they have no plan and don't care. When I had people working for me and I found out someone did not care about their job enough to get the job done and done right, I fired them. We need to Fire these clowns and put in people that do care and perform.

I agree with their main comment, trump and the Repubs will Not get the pandemic under control, they have no plan and don't care. When I had people working for me and I found out someone did not care about their job enough to get the job done and done right, I fired them. We need to Fire these clowns and put in people that do care and perform.

How will the approach of President Harris vary from that of Trump?

Ignoring the problem hasn't worked, so Biden's approach of doing something about it seems like a nice change of pace!

it's so absurd to see people online invent realities in order to pretend that his response to the pandemic has been anything other than a complete disaster. if they really go with the "let's infect everyone" strategy in coming months, the response of the next administration could be much less effective even with new mask mandates and lockdowns. the time for sanity is months ago, and, short of that, now.

it's so absurd to see people online invent realities in order to pretend that his response to the pandemic has been anything other than a complete disaster. if they really go with the "let's infect everyone" strategy in coming months, the response of the next administration could be much less effective even with new mask mandates and lockdowns. the time for sanity is months ago, and, short of that, now.

What EXACTLY do you suggest be done that has not/is not being done?

there's going to have to be a national mask mandate and probably another shutdown. we reopened too early, and there are regular potential super spreader events being held. the in person election will be another one. it has to stop. unfortunately, people like you won't get it until you get sick and have to go to an overwhelmed hospital. by then it will be too late, if it isn't already.

Ask me again in four years when she is President, though the issue will have been resolved looong before that under President Biden..

Ask me again in four years when she is President, though the issue will have been resolved looong before that under President Biden..

You probably believe the reality you describe is forthcoming.

You probably believe the reality you describe is forthcoming.
Actually I believe Biden will serve for 2-3 years then retire and hand it to Harris, whether or not she will run or get elected is too soon to call. That is probably closer to Reality.

Fourteenth Amendment.

Actually I believe Biden will serve for 2-3 years then retire and hand it to Harris, whether or not she will run or get elected is too soon to call. That is probably closer to Reality.
Smart play is stay until midterms end, then Harris can run against twice. That would be a ten-year administration. Couple that with adding DC and Puerto Rico as states, and we just might get our country back.

Questions such as these show ignorance of the answers that have been out there for months.

On the off chance that I'm wrong and you're asking sincerely, Google it. I am not going to do your homework for you.

Back
Top Bottom