• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Transcript of Zell Miller's Speech to RNC

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Video feed is available here: Video of speeches to RNC

I told my wife last night that Senator Miller won the election for President Bush. What do you think?

". . . "

I'm not sure what the latest polls are showing, but I simply cannot believe that over 40% of Americans can have their head so far up their ass as to even consider John Kerry as a "leader" of this country. Disregard all the campaign rhetoric, etc., base it on his 20 yr voting record alone and I can come to a common sense judgement that out of these two candidates, Bush is the clear choice. Kerry has a plan, what the hell is it, I want to hear it. Bush has 4 years of Presidential experience and a record, good or bad, to base a decision off of. He's not the most eloquent speaker, granted, but he has had to make some of the toughest decisions in Office since the Bay of Pigs. I would be interested see the poll results if there were no party lines, period. Just two candidates running for the same position. I think in Zell's day you had two party's with legitimate differences in policy. Once in office, Rep or Dem, their campaign platform was put in action as advertised. Today you hear whatever line of bullshit the candidate thinks you want to hear, no clear direction. I'm sick and tired of catering to gays, lesbians, immigrants, poor, rich, weak, hungry, young, or old just to get a vote. Get off your ass and make a difference in your life, if you like that vote for me, if not, vote for the other ***** that will take my money to make sure you get all you "deserve". I want a leader that will speak his mind and stick to his/her values. I think Zell said it about as good as it could be said. Laura didn't do to bad either. Bush has my vote without a doubt, and in 4 years if the Demoncraps can come up with a man like Zell to vote for, he might get my vote as well.

I tend to agree. And in 4 years, if the Dems give us someone worth voting for, I'd give them serious consideration.

I tend to vote Republican because I vote what some would call a military ticket. Unfortunately, during the Dole/Clinton election, the republicans were handed mediocrity and expected to elect it. My vote went to Clinton.

In all honesty, I would like to see two extremely strong candidates come out of the wood work and make us think long and hard to decide.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…