• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TP TW loses in OK

notquiteright

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
'TW' Shannon, an okie TP favorite lost his bid to replace Sen Coburn in the US Senate. TW was the speaker of the house, a Lawton native and seen as the up and coming new face of the TP party. Oklahoma is a closed primary system so it is difficult to blame this upset on the Democrats.

TW got many national and state TP favs to endorse him, from Palin to Cruz to Oklahoma's own JC Watts. Coburn was quoted in several ads blasting the 'lies' being told about TW but I don't recall an outright endorsement. TW didn't lack for TV ad money as you couldn't miss his spots reminding us he is a devoted church goer, family man, 'gave' welfare folks the 'right to work' for their assistance, slashed the budget and caused the rain to fall.... well ok maybe not the last but he sure took a lot of credit for the work of many people.

Course I am not sure why TW was selected as the more CON of the two major candidates, Langford is a preacher and only has two terms in the US House (I think he would be a CON's CON by any realistic measure- his 'misfortune' might be he looks just like any other TP CON), but some speculate TW would help buff up the image of the TPs and help 'rebrand' it in the minds of voters this upcoming election season.

An even odder primary battle was for state education superintendent. Hofmeister, a state school board member was going against the current Super, Barresi in a real mud bath. Both accused the other of being in cahoots with liberals and teacher unions. accused each other of using taxpayer money to campaign. Each is a closet liberal....:roll:

Neither used the GOP logo much that I can recall... the terms d'jour were 'true conservative', and the 'real conservative choice'.

We just be having so much fun here in the belt buckle of the bible states.... :peace

Back
Top Bottom