• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They are not Christians

hating someone for being a traitor to their country, a crook and a rapist, etc. is not inappropriate. Hating them because they are the first Black president or just have different views is inappropriate.
Hating them for any reason is inappropriate. Where did you learn Christianity?

hating someone for being a traitor to their country, a crook and a rapist, etc. is not inappropriate. Hating them because they are the first Black president or just have different views is inappropriate.

Hating them for any reason is inappropriate. Where did you learn Christianity?
That is true.... but its back to hating the sin, not the sinner. Just as if you learn someone was one involved in a sexual assault, you are not to hate him, but certainly disqualifies him from taking your daughter out, similarly, leaning a politician commits an insurrection should disqualify them from holding public office. That is not hating the sinner, its hating the sin and being smart in protecting yourself from a sinning behavior.

That is true.... but its back to hating the sin, not the sinner. Just as if you learn someone was one involved in a sexual assault, you are not to hate him, but certainly disqualifies him from taking your daughter out, similarly, leaning a politician commits an insurrection should disqualify them from holding public office. That is not hating the sinner, its hating the sin and being smart in protecting yourself from a sinning behavior.
I can see your faith is guided by politics, not by Christianity. Jesus forgave the men who murdered him.

The Far-right religious groups call themselves Christians, but they are not. Everything they stand for is totally against everything that Jesus Christ taught us when he was here on earth. Even their hatred of those not like them violates the creed that Jesus taught. They really think that by limiting what their children read is going to make them the new soldiers of the far right, but their children will end up hating them and leaving their churches as fast as they can. I always think of Jesus telling the little children to come to him. He did not say come to me except you who are gay and not you the one who my father made transgender.
“I’m a commie athiest who hates Christianity and doesn’t know anything about Christian history or theology other then what I read from athiest writers, now let me you tell you how I am uniquely qualified to determine who is a real Christian”

Lol go back to Reddit bro

I can see your faith is guided by politics, not by Christianity.
I have no idea how you would come to that conclusion. It seems more likely a wildass accusation, but the fact is I knew Christ way before I had any interest in politics. Shortly after I joined DP (like 15 years ago) I wrote a bio on my personal page here where I spoke about how my faith shaped my politics.

It is interesting that you would make such a suggestion because there are a great many people that are seeking to change the Word and preaching there of to fit their politics. It seems to be afflicting Right Wing Evangelicals that can't square their politics with the teachings of Christ, so they are challenging their churches not to talk so much about what Christ taught.... they are literally, in too many cases, deciding Christ is "too woke"....

This is what "faith guided by politics" actually looks like:

https://www.newsweek.com/evangelica...achings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706
https://boingboing.net/2023/08/17/a...-getting-mad-at-jesus-for-being-too-woke.html
https://newrepublic.com/post/174950/christianity-today-editor-evangelicals-call-jesus-liberal-weak
https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/forme...hink-jesus-quotes-are-liberal-talking-points/
https://religionnews.com/2022/02/07...ls-owen-strachan-crt-southern-baptists-trump/

Jesus forgave the men who murdered him.
Yes, Jesus actually asked his father to forgive them, for they "know not what they do." (a prayer I often have for Trump voters that call themselves Christian --- see links above.) What is your point? You seemed to have missed mine on this and I certainly do not understand yours.

That all said, the men that actually put Christ to death did not commit murder. They were following orders. He was killed by mankind out of ignorance and selfish fear. It was pre-ordained by God, so I have a hard time really calling it a murder unless you count all of us as the murderers, but that is another thread.

Last edited:
Strict moral codes: Don't kill, don't steal, don't fool around with other men's wives.
You're right. That is in the GOP platform.

Are you saying that this is good or bad?
There is no GOP platform.

Strict moral codes: Don't kill, don't steal, don't fool around with other men's wives.
You're right. That is in the GOP platform.

Are you saying that this is good or bad?
First, there is no GOP platform. They killed it in 2020.
Second, there is no evidence that GOP leadership believes any of that. It has no strict moral code at all.

What is bad is you see things that simply are not there.

The Far-right religious groups call themselves Christians, but they are not. Everything they stand for is totally against everything that Jesus Christ taught us when he was here on earth. Even their hatred of those not like them violates the creed that Jesus taught. They really think that by limiting what their children read is going to make them the new soldiers of the far right, but their children will end up hating them and leaving their churches as fast as they can. I always think of Jesus telling the little children to come to him. He did not say come to me except you who are gay and not you the one who my father made transgender.
Now do the rest of the far right religious groups

Back
Top Bottom