• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The pressing question of the day

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
How long will the Kelce/Swift romance last? Is it subconsciously just a publicity stunt for both of them? After making a fool of himself by loudly berating his coach in front of tens of millions of people, he then was so drunk at the victory parade that he had to be held up by Mahomes while bellowing a song at the microphone. You have to wonder if he can let go of his macho act in private and how long she will put up with his outrageous act in public. My guess is that it won’t last but another few months at most.

How long will the Kelce/Swift romance last? Is it subconsciously just a publicity stunt for both of them? After making a fool of himself by loudly berating his coach in front of tens of millions of people, he then was so drunk at the victory parade that he had to be held up by Mahomes while bellowing a song at the microphone. You have to wonder if he can let go of his macho act in private and how long she will put up with his outrageous act in public. My guess is that it won’t last but another few months at most.

I don't know, but I have enjoyed Ms. Swift making right-wing heads explode. (y)

I honestly couldn’t care less.

Neither needed any publicity. As for the incident during the Super Bowl, it was unacceptable but most are making a bigger deal out of it that it actually is. Football, a violent game that runs high on emotion. So a guy who wanted to be in the game got pissed because he was out on a big play and had words with the coach. You must not know much about athletics and particularly professional athletics. They argue, fuss, fight quite often. The coach and Kelce will have to sort it out. The team may never make a comment about it. In fact we may never hear anything else about it. IMO, Kelce should have quickly, within 24 hours) have come out and publicly owned up to his poor behavior, apologized and made it clear that type of behavior is unacceptable. As far as I know he has not. Poor decisions on his part IMO, but certainly not career ending of devastating to the Chiefs. He made have been fined, or made to go stand in a corner, either way we may never know. Kelce is a roll model whether he wants to be or not and he should think about that as he moves forward.

I don't know. Should I care?
Wasn't even aware of it until mainstream news start making it "news!"

But I wonder if the teams really appreciate Swift taking the spotlight away from them.

It is not Swift "taking the spotlight", it is the press putting the spotlight on her. She flew from Japan to support her boyfriend. She was in the picture for less than a minute (out of 4 hours). She made no statements. Shouldn't she be able to support her loved ones without being accused of wanting to steal attention? There are rumors that he will be on her tour going forward. Is he stealing the attention from her then?

Like for any couple (famous or not famous) I wish them the best and hope that love will conquer any difficulties they may encounter.

It is not Swift "taking the spotlight", it is the press putting the spotlight on her. She flew from Japan to support her boyfriend. She was in the picture for less than a minute (out of 4 hours). She made no statements. Shouldn't she be able to support her loved ones without being accused of wanting to steal attention? There are rumors that he will be on her tour going forward. Is he stealing the attention from her then?

Like for any couple (famous or not famous) I wish them the best and hope that love will conquer any difficulties they may encounter.

Whether it's the media or her......................it doesn't matter.
It's kinda like going to a wedding and taking the spotlight away from the bride.
Whether it's intentional or not - a celebrity must know what his or presence would mean.

Of course, the people behind these events must be delirious with joy!

I would still wonder how teams take it.

Shouldn't she be able to support her loved ones without being accused of wanting to steal attention?

Get a hold of yourself.
You must be a fan.

I'm not saying she WANTS to steal the attention.

There are rumors that he will be on her tour going forward. Is he stealing the attention from her then?

That's HER show. No one else's.
It's up to her what she wants to do with her show.

Lol - ask The Beatles if they would ALWAYS want a celebrity - with status like hers - to be on their every show!

Last edited:
I don't know. Should I care?
Wasn't even aware of it until mainstream news start making it "news!"

But I wonder if the teams really appreciate Swift taking the spotlight away from them.
I was wondering that same thing, tosca. It certainly overshadowed the entire event. But, you can blame the media for that.

I generally hope that people find the right other person for them and that once they're together, they aren't too awful to each other. So many are. Good luck to this couple and to all of the rest of them.

I was wondering that same thing, tosca. It certainly overshadowed the entire event. But, you can blame the media for that.

I don't think "blame" is the word for it.

Media - photographers - are doing their jobs. It's their way of making a living.

I don't think there is anything wrong with her attending.

As someone pointed out - Swift has every right to attend and support her boyfriend.
The same way as she's got every right to attend a friend's wedding.

I think, it's a matter of "appropriateness." or, careful consideration.

Some weighing of decisions - should I attend or not, and if I do attend how can I blend in as much as I can help it.

I think......................that comes with the burden of being a celebrity.
When you're not just a regular person.

Let's not forget that the boyfriend is part of a team.
Being part of a team - that should be taken into consideration too.
Is this good for the team?
IS THIS GOOD FOR MY BOYFRIEND?

I would love to be a fly on the wall and listen to what the other players say among each other..........................when the boyfriend isn't present.

Last edited:
I've seen a photo of a Taylor Swift fan in the crowd at the stadium holding a placard that says: Just to be clear, I'm here for Taylor Swift.

🤷

Like as if anyone cares that this fan is there at all! 😁

How long will the Kelce/Swift romance last?

54 weeks, 22 hours, 8 minutes and 23 seconds.

Is it subconsciously just a publicity stunt for both of them? After making a fool of himself by loudly berating his coach in front of tens of millions of people, he then was so drunk at the victory parade that he had to be held up by Mahomes while bellowing a song at the microphone. You have to wonder if he can let go of his macho act in private and how long she will put up with his outrageous act in public. My guess is that it won’t last but another few months at most.

I don't know, but I have enjoyed Ms. Swift making right-wing heads explode. (y)

I'm a conservative and it bothered me not at all.

As to how the teams felt about it? Not very much. KC was too ecstatic about the win, SF was already going to the drawing board. I don't think pros focus much on peripherals. That's why they are pros.

I'm a conservative and it bothered me not at all.

As to how the teams felt about it? Not very much. KC was too ecstatic about the win, SF was already going to the drawing board. I don't think pros focus much on peripherals. That's why they are pros.

It was a Super Bowl win. Kansas City had the right to be ecstatic.

It was a Super Bowl win. Kansas City had the right to be ecstatic.
I meant (I didn't think about people not reading between the lines) too ecstatic to worry about TS.

Back
Top Bottom