• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The cult of islam

Did you totally ignore the verses I posted and the the letters of Muhammad wrote? Oh, don't try and deny and weasel your way out of the violence done by Christianity. It has the blood of thousands on its hand. It no better than Islam. Humanity will be better when both are gone. You do realize that during the Crusades when the Christians took Jerusalem they put every man, woman, and child to the sword regardless of belief. The crusaders horses waded their blood as high as their knees. How about the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda? The Inquisition? The various religious wars between Catholics and protestants? The fact that Christan Rome forced the pagans to convert. or die This myth that Christianity wasn't spread by violence is a nothing but historical falsehoods. Oh, and if you want to quote violent go the the Old Testament. That God is nothing but a murderous tyrant. Face it your religion is no better than Islam. The sooner they are both regarded as the myths they are the better humanity will be.
The purported letters were addressed in my post 23.

The Crusades were at first done in response to muslim invaders that not only took over christian land that is now Turkey but also their intrusion into European heartlands. Also, many Christian and Jewish pilgrims heading towards Jerusalem were robbed and murdered. Their plea for help also set the mission of Crusade in motion.

While those were the causes, it does not justify the bloody mission of the Crusade in any way. The mission of Crusade was not justified in any way accdording to the teaching of Christ. So, to bring up the Crusade as an attack on Christianity to defend islam is a lame and moot argument.

The OT violent event argument I had already explained in my previous post somewhere in this forum. To repeat briefly, theywere account of ancient about ancient Israelites and their dealings with their enemies. There is nowhere in the Bible that command the Jews or Christians to emulate the example of Moses or the Israelites. Unlike islam, muslims were told to emulate mo's example which were recorded in the ahadith and the biography.

Last edited:
This mindless false comparison has been regurgitated so many times already on the internet and yet some people just seems unable to do a basic reading of the scriptures of each religion or “religion” in question, then look at the behavior of its followers to see whether they conform or not conform to its teaching to make the right conclusion.

There is no reading of scrupture that will possibly lead one to any other conclusion. That's an honest appraisal.

The outcry about violence done by Christianity is an oxymoronic point when you read what is really taught in Christianity. Christians are told to take up the cross and follow the example of Christ. The core teaching of Christianity is:

1) Love God with all your heart, mind and soul
2) Love thy neighbor as thyself
3) Turn the other cheek

If only that were the case. Sorry, there's quite a bit more to it than that.

Jesus even taught that there is no greater love than a man who lay down his life for another.

He also had some dark days where he said things like; 'But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.' (Luke 19:27)

Martyrdom in Christianity means willing to die when you're attacked for your belief in Christ. On the contrary, in islam devout muslims will kill you for their beliefs and will be idolized as martyrs when they were killed in the process of committing mass murders. Nowhere had there been violence done by so-called “Christians”where the perpetrators screamed out in the name of Christian God like the homicidal muslims did. If they did, they didn’t follow the tenets of Chrisitianity.

Of course they did, because the scripture not only condones such behavior, it explicitly commands it's devotees to commit atrocities. Many renowned Theologians have acknowledged as much. For example;Thomas Acquinas and St. Augustine respectively argued, quite logically, on the basis of scripture, that heretics should be brutally tortured and executed.

The OT violent event argument I had already explained in my previous post somewhere in this forum. To repeat briefly, theywere account of ancient about ancient Israelites and their dealings with their enemies. There is nowhere in the Bible that command the Jews or Christians to emulate the example of Moses or the Israelites. Unlike islam, muslims were told to emulate mo's example which were recorded in the ahadith and the biography.

This is completely false. It is repeatedly made clear, time and time again, that the old rules still apply.

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.- Matthew 5:18-19

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.-Luke 16:17

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.-Matthew 5:17

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law.- John7:19

So, according to Jesus, the rules have not changed. The exhortations to barbarism of the Old Testament are still binding.Now, to recap, what does this law, which the son of god says we are obligated to uphold, actually say?

Here are some choice excerpts;

One who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer. Aliens as well as citizens, when they blaspheme the Name, shall be put to death. (NRSV) — Leviticus 24:16

Anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death. Such a person is guilty of a capital offense. (NLT) -Leviticus 20:9

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. (NIV) - Leviticus 25:44

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. (NRSV) - Leviticus 20:13

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (NIV) -Timothy 2:11-12

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.- Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. -Leviticus 21:9 NAB

I could do this all day, there are pages and pages of this barbaric crap, but I trust the point is made.

Back
Top Bottom