• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Constitution vs. the one party state.

"The Communist Control Act (68 Stat. 775, 50 U.S.C. 841-844) is an American law signed by President Dwight Eisenhower on 24 August 1954 that outlaws the Communist Party of the United States and criminalizes membership in or support for the party or "Communist-action" organizations."

Edit- far as I know that law is still in effect.
But the CPUSA exists. I'm not a member, but I acknowledge their existence.

Sadly, I can no longer agree with this "there's no difference" view -- which non-centrists on both sides have touted forever -- because the R party is in the lunatic asylum these days. 20 years ago I could disagree but see it as a maybe-reasonable argument (back when Naderites unfortunately used it to give us Bush instead of Gore), but now the contrast between the parties in terms of respect for democracy is far too stark to say they are just different flavors of the same thing IMO. Maybe we need a period of authoritarian rule to understand that what the two parties are selling these days is dramatically different.
If you cannot see that both sides are lunatic asylums, I'd say the problem is one of bias. In one way yes I agree, a period of tyranny would put things into perspective yet, the cost of tyranny (look at this historically) is quite a high butchers bill of millions of innocent lives, decades of oppression and no guarantee of ever breaking it.

If you cannot see that both sides are lunatic asylums, I'd say the problem is one of bias. In one way yes I agree, a period of tyranny would put things into perspective yet, the cost of tyranny (look at this historically) is quite a high butchers bill of millions of innocent lives, decades of oppression and no guarantee of ever breaking it.
Like part of your post, while equating the two sides when it comes to authoritarianism is just silly.

Silly because Hitler and Mao never existed?
Nope, silly because the current and recent-past incarnation of the D party have minimal authoritarian leanings compared to the current R party. Both parties do have way more such leanings than in decades past but Trumpians are MILES out front on making this a serious and immediate threat.

Nope, silly because the current and recent-past incarnation of the D party have minimal authoritarian leanings compared to the current R party.

Both parties do have way more such leanings than in decades past but Trumpians are MILES out front on making this a serious and immediate threat.
Using what scientific measure? Please link it.

If this is just your opinion, then I'll simply disagree with your opinion.

Also, are you trying to characterize Hitler as being on the left? Because that move is a dead giveaway of one's biases.

Mao was left, Hitler was right - yet that makes little difference, millions dies in both cases.

Using what scientific measure? Please link it.

If this is just your opinion, then I'll simply disagree with your opinion.

On this one, I think you can google for yourself. If it wasn't sufficiently obvious from the carrot leader rejecting an election loss in advance, having his followers block vote counts, terrorizing congress, and so forth. I.e., no human being is that stupid, and if you pretend to be, it would be more convincing to instead honestly declare yourself a fascist and just make the case for your chosen position.

On the left/right one, yes, both extremes are terrifying and murderous.

Google what?

Genocidal is more what I see, but I'll take it.
On the first, pretending to not see overt authoritarianism from one party is silly. They are not hiding it.

On the second, yes, genocidal. Fully agree.

On the first, pretending to not see overt authoritarianism from one party is silly. They are not hiding it.
I'm asking for a non-biased quantitative methodology to assess your statement. There isn't one, therefore Google won't help.

I'm asking for a non-biased quantitative methodology to assess your statement. There isn't one, therefore Google won't help.
Please provide a "non-biased quantitative methodology" to assess the evils of Nazism. That will help me understand what you are seeking. Since Nazism is universally agreed to be the worst evil ever, you must have one, otherwise this hyper-specific demand would fall in sealioning domain.

OMFG, how did I miss these things? Please also provide your "non-biased quantitative methodology to assess" slavery, genocide, and rape camps. TYIA -- since this is your chosen screen, I'm sure you have such information (otherwise you'd just be a dickhead trying to block discussion, but I'm sure you are not that).

Back
Top Bottom