• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz falsely claimed Democrats want to give 'illegal aliens' and 'child molesters' the right to vote

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ted Cruz falsely claimed Democrats want to give 'illegal aliens' and 'child molesters' the right to vote during a leaked invite-only call with GOP state lawmakers

605088a9fe6a340019aced5b

3/20/21
On an invitation-only call with GOP state lawmakers last week, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz falsely claimed Democrats are working to give "illegal aliens" and "child molesters" the right to vote, according to a recording of the call obtained by the Associated Press. The call, which occurred amid an ongoing battle over voting rights, was organized by the American Legislative Exchange Council, a conservative group that recommends legislation to lawmakers. Cruz criticized H.R. 1, a ]campaign finance reform and voting rights package that House Democrats passed earlier this month. The bill would require more transparency in campaign finance, strengthen regulations for lobbyists, and seek to expand voting access through a number of measures. Republicans have denounced the bill, calling it a major federal overreach into the way state and local governments conduct their elections.

"H.R. 1′s only objective is to ensure that Democrats can never again lose another election, that they will win and maintain control of the House of Representatives and the Senate and of the state legislatures for the next century," Cruz said on the call, according to AP. The legislation is unlikely to pass in the Senate, though the debate over voting rights is playing out in state legislatures across the country. As of February, 250 measures that would restrict voting were introduced across 43 states, according to an analysis from the Brennan Center for Justice. Insider's Grace Panetta reported Republicans in key states are working to advance legislation that would restrict voting. Many of these efforts claim to be aimed at improving election integrity, citing the unsubstantiated claims that widespread voter and election fraud occurred in the 2020 election.

The GOP will do anything to defeat H.R. 1, a campaign finance reform and voting rights package. Sen. Ted "Cancun" Cruz here is lying about it.

Republicans are terrified of this bill because it significantly expands voting rights, and also exposes the dark money sources that fund Republican election campaigns.

The contributions to the discussions made by Republicans these days can really only be described as fatuous.

Ted Cruz falsely claimed Democrats want to give 'illegal aliens' and 'child molesters' the right to vote during a leaked invite-only call with GOP state lawmakers

605088a9fe6a340019aced5b

The GOP will do anything to defeat H.R. 1, a campaign finance reform and voting rights package. Sen. Ted "Cancun" Cruz here is lying about it.

Republicans are terrified of this bill because it significantly expands voting rights, and also exposes the dark money sources that fund Republican election campaigns.
Not false at all. Dems are working feverishly to allow as many illegals as possible in while subverting election security AND promising amnesty in a few years.

I was just going to post about that, Cruz is working the repugs into a frenzy, they have to suppress votes and cheat to win, and they are well aware of that. Hopefully they will be unsuccessful in stopping Americans from voting.

Not false at all. Dems are working feverishly to allow as many illegals as possible in while subverting election security AND promising amnesty in a few years.

Of course you have no citations to verify this assertion.

Half and half. Illegals no, child molesters yes. By allowing felons to vote after they. have done their time, will of course, include child molesters.

605088a9fe6a340019aced5b

When is Cruz and his pal Bullseye not full of misinformation ..............? Misinformation usually aka lies is a large part of the party bottomless pit platform.

Half and half. Illegals no, child molesters yes. By allowing felons to vote after they. have done their time, will of course, include child molesters.
In other words you want to keep punishing a certain group of people even after they have paid their price to society. Nice.

605088a9fe6a340019aced5b

I'm surprised Cruz' pants don't spontaneously burst into flames when he speaks.

Show us where you got this info if you would be so kind. I'll be back in ten years to check up on your answer.

In other words you want to keep punishing a certain group of people even after they have paid their price to society. Nice.
Do you support the restoration of a felons guns rights?

There you go, putting words in my mouth again. Really a bad habit of yours.

Anyone who does their sentence should be allowed to vote. So there goes your ASSumption.

605088a9fe6a340019aced5b

The GOP will do anything to defeat H.R. 1,

Sen. Ted "Cancun" Cruz here is lying about it.

Is campaign finance and voting rights the ONLY topics addressed in HR 1?

What are the steps taken in this bill, not a Constitutional Amendment, that address voting rights?

What did you mean by child molesters will be able to vote? Sounds like you disapprove.

Show us where you got this info if you would be so kind. I'll be back in ten years to check up on your answer.
LOL, haven’t been paying attention to FauxJoe and his gang of fools, idiots and dimwits, eh?

Of course you have no citations to verify this assertion.
The real world is the only citation I need; crisis at the border, thousand of illegals jammed into spaces designed for 250. Mass amnesties promised. An easier “path to citizenship” than more LEGAL immigrants have to follow. Don’t you guys pay any attention to what your hero and his gang are doing?

The real world is the only citation I need; crisis at the border, thousand of illegals jammed into spaces designed for 250. Mass amnesties promised. An easier “path to citizenship” than more LEGAL immigrants have to follow. Don’t you guys pay any attention to what your hero and his gang are doing?

The Rump did all of this the real world is the only citation I need; crisis at the border, thousand of illegals jammed into spaces designed for 250...... yes he did. It always has taken a mountain of time to clean up after anti american ALEC right wing nuts. Reagan, Bush, Bush and the Rump what a mess of illegal nonsense and back door deregulation just like what the USPS had dumped in their laps including the theft of Social Security Insurance and Medicare getting underway ...........

America CANNOT afford to have a minority political party mismanaging the country.

The Rump did all of this the real world is the only citation I need; crisis at the border, thousand of illegals jammed into spaces designed for 250...... yes he did. It always has taken a mountain of time to clean up after anti american ALEC right wing nuts. Reagan, Bush, Bush and the Rump what a mess of illegal nonsense and back door deregulation just like what the USPS had dumped in their laps including the theft of Social Security Insurance and Medicare getting underway ...........

America CANNOT afford to have a minority political party mismanaging the country.
Is there a point to this mindless rant? Rhetorical question - the answer is obvious.

That's where you got your info? Out of your arse?
MY ass could produce better infomation than those I cited in the post you’re refering to

MY ass could produce better infomation than those I cited in the post you’re refering to
Let's face the truth. Any democrat in office to you guys is destroying your america. TDS, tds, tds, that's all we on the left heard for four years. Seems the right has caught a bad case of BDS. You guys complain if he breathes.

Back
Top Bottom