• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surrogacy

CLAX1911

Supreme knower of all
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
So I sort of stumbled upon this and I never have really given it a whole lot of thought. I've encountered people that are deeply opposed to it and I'm not really understanding why.

So I've seen some of the arguments against surrogacy saying that it's true women like broodmares and I don't understand the issue there unless they're being forced to do it against their will.

Does anybody object to surrogacy here? If so I'd like to hear your thoughts. Be warned I'm going to press you for rationale.

This is a subject I really don't have a strong opinion on.

I believe there's 3 main types of surrogacy. Probably more than a few of us will have to research the topic a little bit... :)
It's just popped up in the Zeitgeist recently and quite a violent strong opinion about it and I just haven't thought about it so I'm curious why people think what they think about it.

There are a lot of “feminist” leaders who are against surrogacy. I find that absurd and ass-backwards. Pregnancy is the female superpower. How can you be a feminist and want to deny women the right to freely and voluntarily monetize that power (while also brining immense joy to others and actual ducking life into the world).

It makes me angry and yet another reason certain “progressives” annoy the hell out of me.

Surrogacy in the US is heavily regulated and women are very protected.

I’m not sure if that is the case internationally.

There are a lot of “feminist” leaders who are against surrogacy. I find that absurd and ass-backwards. Pregnancy is the female superpower. How can you be a feminist and want to deny women the right to freely and voluntarily monetize that power (while also brining immense joy to others and actual ducking life into the world).

It makes me angry and yet another reason certain “progressives” annoy the hell out of me.
Feminism perplexes me sometimes with some of the people that say some of the things.

I would think the most empowering thing about being a woman would be making decisions for yourself if you decide to do surrogacy or you decide to be a housewife or you decide to go into a career that's good.

Back
Top Bottom