• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Panel Finds Wrongdoing By Ensign; Refers Case To DOJ

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

It is rare for a legislative ethics committee to pursue matters after the member has resigned but in the face of the egregious and garish acts of Senator Ensign and others, some still members of the U.S. Senate, this committee has felt compelled to act in dramatic fashion.

Amazed he had the balls to stay around so long and even run for re-election..

What did he do? Stick a cigar up someones orifice? Rape someone when they asked for a job?

No rape charges are involved that I know of. No personal, private sexual foibles, either.

The charges are not sexual but arise from Senator Ensign covering up a personal, private sexual affair. It's always the cover-up that gets these guys.

See Also: Fox Whitewashes Ensign Ethics Scandal | Media Matters for America

Last edited:
This one is just getting started:

What did he do? Stick a cigar up someones orifice? Rape someone when they asked for a job?

probably.. he was banging some employee. but he did lie under oath and committed fraud both election and economic fraud. All in the while doing this and being suspected of it, he was pulling a nice wage as a GOP Senator and had the balls to run for re-election and actually win..

The Justice Department would do itself a favor by throwing the book at this guy. Our elected officials should be treated like criminals when they act like them. Any slack given to Ensign sends the wrong message to the american people.

Barbara Boxer hates bot being able to make some fool look bad evem when he did it to himself. I don't really have a problem with him paying for what he did in breaking the law, but I am troubled by the thought that if he were a Muslim, or a Black Panther all would be for given.

However he's a white man and for that someone get a rope. We are going to have justice Obama/Holder style, "Open and Transparent," unless you ask too many questions or want to know the truth about any issue.

Oh get a grip I already said he needs to be punished. I just can't get the truth out of my head like others seem to be able to do.

The C Street house sound like quite a party.

Coucilman, being a Muslim or joining the Black Panthers is not a crime.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…