• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema files for Independent reelection run in 2024

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON – Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.) has filed paperwork to run for reelection as an independent in 2024 – one week after announcing she’d switched her political registration from Democrat and setting up a potential three-way showdown in a key battleground state.

Sinema, 46, has not formally announced her reelection run, and her office could not be immediately reached for comment. The filing was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The senator’s name did not immediately appear on a list of individuals who have filed statements of interest to run in the 2024 election on the website of the Arizona Secretary of State’s Office as of Friday afternoon. However, a candidate profile on the Federal Election Commission website listed Sinema as an independent.
=============================================================
She's very ambitious but I can't figure her or her state out.

Power move. If Democrats run someone against her, they split the anti-Republican vote. The recent election results left her and Manchin in a place of reduced power, so this fixes that situation temporarily for them.

Reuben Gallego should switch to independent and primary her!

Power move. If Democrats run someone against her, they split the anti-Republican vote. The recent election results left her and Manchin in a place of reduced power, so this fixes that situation temporarily for them.
Nobody wants her as a lobbyist so she needs to keep her job.

Hmmm...my thoughts are this will split the Dems and hand it to the GOP....
Oddly enough, I can't think of a single dem that would vote for her this time around.

I think there will be enough to be a factor in a close primary. There is a range of blue out there.
Everyone hates her here.

The right hates her because she's Gay.

The left hates her because she took all of 10 minutes to sell us out.

And nobody trusts a traitor.

Everyone hates her here.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out....

Hope ya'll get your house in order....

It will be interesting to see how it plays out....

Hope ya'll get your house in order....

So do I, but I live in Arizona, so it's one of those "hope in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills up fastest" kinda things.

I voted for Sinema in 2018, and I will probably vote for her again.

I voted for Sinema in 2018, and I will probably vote for her again.
She is both very physically attractive & very politically ambitious.

Last edited:
Everyone hates her here.

The right does not hate her because she's gay.

First, I think she's bi.

Second, they love the way she's jacked Biden all over the place.

I'd vote for her.

Pull the other leg, it's got bells on it.

When you can produce a document that says you speak for the right, I'll go with it.

Otherwise your posts continue to rest in the bottom of the trash heap as being worthy of nothing.

When you can produce a document that says you speak for the right, I'll go with it.

Otherwise your posts continue to rest in the bottom of the trash heap as being worthy of nothing.
Dude, you guys never shut up about LGBT people. You rant every damn day about it.

Right here in Arizona, we have some preachers demanding that they all be killed, and not one of you have called them out on it.

So don't try to shovel that bullshit.

Dude, you guys never shut up about LGBT people. You rant every damn day about it.

Right here in Arizona, we have some preachers demanding that they all be killed, and not one of you have called them out on it.

So don't try to shovel that bullshit.

I'm sorry.....you are the one holding the shovel.

Jim Kolbe, while not considered a hero, was re-elected 4 or 5 times after coming out.

Back
Top Bottom