• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Lawmakers Move to Criminalize 'Disrespecting' the Government and Fake News

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russian Lawmakers Move to Criminalize 'Disrespecting' the Government and Fake News

Russian State Duma.

Naturally, the Putin regime decides what is "disrespect" and "fake news". You can see where this is going.

The Kremlin deploys its new law against ‘undesirables’

Russian Anastasia Shevchenko, charged under the new "undesirables law".

Russian police swooping in to arrest a pensioner yesterday in St. Petersburg. 5,000 women marched in the "March of Mother's" protesting the detention of activist Anastasiya Shevchenko.

Dozens of protesters were arrested. Putin's nightmare - arresting mothers and women.

You shouldn't have posted that, it gives the crazy right ideas. Conservatives are so uptight I think I've figured out the problem. You know what happens whey you hold a fart in for too long? It creeps up your spine until it hits the brain and then out flows the crappy ideas. Lighten up and pass that gas, you'll feel better.

You shouldn't have posted that, it gives the crazy right ideas.

I can't do that. Putin would like nothing better than if the international community looked away and ignored all of his criminality.

As I see it, those who look the other way are participants by omission, whether it's Putin or Trump.

Another Open Russia activist - Gulnaz Ravilova - has been detained and threatened with criminal prosecution if she doesn't stop her activities.

Those Russian activists are such brave people.

Like most people, I am a coward.

I would never dare do what those Russian activists are doing. A shoutout for their courage.

And, of course, the vast majority of the Russian people simply accept that they live in a police state and get on with their lives as best as they can.

That is what most people do all over the world, including here in the States.

The Russian people are so intelligent. What a shame that they have to live under another czar.

And what a shame that we have to live under the increasingly deranged Democratic Party.

But that's how the cookie crumbles.

Your comparison of Putin's regime to the US Democratic party is shameful.

The more I see of you the more I doubt that you are an American.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…