• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh’s Hate Radio Network Home Facing $20 Billion Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you apparently listen to him more than people here do, can you list some of those lies that you've personally heard him say?
Please don't post another link to someone like RMUSE or PoliticusUSA, okay?

I usually enjoy investigating different points of view. Limbaugh's personalty repels me, so I can rarely listen to him for more than ten minutes before turning him off in disgust.

His lies have been documented since 1994. This is a good place to start reading about them:

The Way Things Aren?t ? FAIR

Rush Limbaugh has made a fortune telling angry white men what they want to believe, but what is not true.

Congratulations for 20 years sober. Sorry you hold so much resent for a fellow recovering addict. Perhaps if you let that go, you might find more happiness. Nevertheless, I have a lot of respect for anyone who "lives one day at a time".

But it doesn't have a thing to do with his recovery, so why would you try to make the two of us be brothers because of it?
You don't HAVE to be real with me on "this here innernet muh-sheen" but I can't take you seriously if you run that bull****.

"Oh yeah, Rush and me, we're brothers because we were both addicts, so deep down we're the same...yeah."

.....and the end of the Rush multimillion dollar contract............and possibly the end of Rush by new ownership.............good riddens to bad rubbish

Wishful thinking at its best. Limbaugh commands the bucks because he brings in the listeners, which brings in the advertisers, which pays the bills. Assuming Clear Channel actually had a financial problem, which most financial analysts don't see, Rush would move elsewhere. Possibly for more money.

Getting your financial data from a web site which bills itself as Real Liberal Politics doesn't seem like the best investment idea. You might try one of the investors sites for a better understanding of the situation.

Did you bother to read the article?

If you had you might be singing a different tune

Oh look our resident "real conservative" serial ellipses abuser citing a hyper partisan left wing progressive propaganda site making unhinged claims and ties in to attack the right of the political spectrum and our eyes with .............................. posting!

I don't which is more sad, that site, this thread or the people that "liked" the OP.

Did you bother to read the article?

If you had you might be singing a different tune

I've read the article, and several others concerning Clear Channel.

Clear Channel is not going bankrupt. They've covered their due loans. And if they do, they will not bring Limbaugh down with them.

Real Liberal Politics is not exactly a bastion of Real Financial Information.

I am glad you reading the article and therefore know what you are talking about..................It is a shame so many of your colleagues cannot seem to see the importance of knowing what one is talking about............

Why is everyone talking about Limbaugh, he is a very minor piece of this. THis story is about relentless consolidation as the radio industry was gutted for profits to the elite and as the music industry was gutted by technology and laws and both were completely mismanaged over decades.

If I was the bankruptcy judge I would say sell it all off, or junk it, because there is nothing here worth saving. But that is not what will happen, their creditors will make a deal hoping to get more later if the company does good, and we the people will continue to get the same crap from them we always have, but now crappier, because they will fire some more people to save money.

Which is why we are looking at TRUMP 2016

Now there you go doing what I begged you not to do ... twice.
I asked what you personally heard and I asked you not to post a link from a wacko source but noooooo, you couldn't stop yourself.
Doesn't look good when you do things like that.
Makes it look like you're only repeating what somebody said about something you don't personally know anything about and never bothered to verify yourself ... you know, that different point of view investigation thing you say you enjoy.
Hey, here's a thought ... you can start by investigating the FAIR in your link.

I see more hate in your post than I ever heard from Rush.

THAT, sir....IS the looney liberal left.

They will call you a violent menace to the world,......... as they are kicking you and stabbing you in the face........... simply because you might disagree with their dangerous agenda.
Melissa Click would be an exemplary sampling.

Attempting "Reasonable discussion" with them is about as productive as seeking to find the "clean" end of a turd.

Last edited:
I don't think the concept of "talk radio" political shows is dying -- but fewer people are listening via the traditional route (an actual radio). We now have online podcasts, apps, etc. So I'd say radio is dying, but not "talk radio".

Oh, absolutely. The medium might be changing, but the general concept is still going strong.

A world without Rush Limbaugh spreading hate and discord? I could live in that world.

I bet you know zilch about Rush Limbaugh.

Iheart, formerly Clear Channel, is the largest radio network in the nation with 850+ stations and nationwide coverage. If it was in serious trouble, it is hard to believe that wouldn't be front page news as failure of much smaller operations doesn't avoid mainstream media coverage.

But if it did fail, it would not be Rush's fault who after more than a quarter century still commands the largest radio audience in the country plus he boosts the ratings of any program that precedes or follows him. And he has never lost money for Iheart.

Whether or not Rush broadcasts 'hate radio'--I personally have not heard that but maybe his program is very different when I am not listening? But whatever he puts out could not possibly be as hate filled as some of the posts on this thread describing him.

Pot - kettle. All that you know.

I hope Iheart gets through any financial difficulties they may be having, but you can be sure that without Rush Limbaugh, any financial difficulties would be far worse.

Seems poor Rush and others may go down the tubes in Bankruptcy Court just like Gawker seems to be headed……………….Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh………….what a shame…………NOT

Clear Channel would not have survived this long had it not given up progressive talk radio ten years ago. Remember Err America and Democracy Radio bailed out of the industry years ago because even the few who supported their ideas knew it was a losing deal. Nobody wanted to listen to liberal hate mongers Al Franken, Ed Shultz, or Stephanie Miller.

..."carefully devised and crowd-sourced boycott effort"...Does the author mean to imply that all the liberals that were listening to "conservative hate radio" quit listening, and contributed to the reported bankruptcy? I guess if the libs are going to take credit for its demise, we also need to give them credit for the success of conservative talk radio and Rush Limbaugh for the last 30+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…