• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republicans running short on time and money to defend Senate majority

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans are running short of time, money and options to stop Democrats from winning a majority of seats in the U.S. Senate, and with them full control of Congress, in an election that is now only two weeks away.

President Donald Trump’s slide in opinion polls is weighing on Senate Republicans in 10 competitive races, while Democrats are playing defense over two seats, increasing the odds of Trump’s Republicans losing their 53-47 majority on Nov. 3.

That gives Democrats a good chance of adding a Senate majority to their control of the House of Representatives, which could either stymie Trump in a second term or usher in a new era of Democratic dominance in Washington if Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden wins the White House.
====================================================================
Great news. Even if Trump should win, the Dems controlling the Congress can do to him what the Repubs did to Obama & block everything. Inquiries galore.

I voted straight Dem. I don't usually, but those supporters of Trump are worse than him. I want them all out. Trump has been like a fungus in the White House, you can't just throw that in the washer, you need to replace everything he's touched.

I voted straight Dem. I don't usually, but those supporters of Trump are worse than him. I want them all out. Trump has been like a fungus in the White House, you can't just throw that in the washer, you need to replace everything he's touched.
Haha! Good one! (y)

If the republicans are punished enough, nobody will ever think to try to elect a Trump type character again.

A massive republican defeat is good for the country and the Constitution.

If the republicans are punished enough, nobody will ever think to try to elect a Trump type character again.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between a Republican and a Trumpublican

This is debatable, but a massive Trumpublican defeat will be good for the Constitution

Oh looky, a staunch leftwinger showing concern for the Constitution. :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

What should be a wake up call to the GOP, is these donations are grass roots donations...meaning that individuals are donating and social media has been a powerful motivator. Personally, I think all donations should be individual and none on the corporate level...I do not think that business interest should be donating period....if the owner wants to donate on his own name...sure, but not in the company name.

This is debatable, but a massive Trumpublican defeat will be good for the Constitution
The GOP is coming to take their party back....and I bet they will be fighting mad and kicking some tail and when the dust settles Trump will be persona non grata along with all his followers.

What should be a wake up call to the GOP, is these donations are grass roots donations...meaning that individuals are donating and social media has been a powerful motivator. Personally, I think all donations should be individual and none on the corporate level...I do not think that business interest should be donating period....if the owner wants to donate on his own name...sure, but not in the company name.

Except union donations to specific candidates are extremely important. People don't want to vote for someone who is unable to get endorsements from unions.

Lol no the constitution will be over, the party opposed to Trump despises the constitution

LOL No, the Constitution will be over. The party opposed to Trump despises the Constitution.

You know the opposite is true. I know for a fact only people who worship the rattlesnake ever say that crap and the reason is to believe he is God.

Except union donations to specific candidates are extremely important. People don't want to vote for someone who is unable to get endorsements from unions.
I disagree. I want to see candidates win, because the people put them there and I want their money to come from individuals, not unions, not corporations, not super pacs.

I disagree. I want to see candidates win, because the people put them there and I want their money to come from individuals, not unions, not corporations, not super pacs.

People look at the labor groups a candidate would be willing and able to help and support. For example, lots of Republicans who call Donald Trump the "Law and Order President" cite police unions endorsing him, but not Joe Biden.

People look at the labor groups a candidate would be willing and able to help and support. For example, lots of Republicans who call Donald Trump the "Law and Order President" cite police unions endorsing him, but not Joe Biden.
That is exactly what I want to avoid. I want people to start deciding for themselves and not looking to any group to endorse such and such for president.

That is exactly what I want to avoid. I want people to start deciding for themselves and not looking to any group to endorse such and such for president.

Is it not the voter's decision to determine how important union endorsements are? It is just one factor along with the individual stuff. I would agree with you on people being lazy, selfish, and simple-minded by only relying on endorsements. But what if a smart voter uses union endorsements as pieces of a jigsaw puzzle to make the decision?

2 reasons. First, support from the police undermines support from far left groups that Biden is courting. Second, there aren't that many police groups supporting Biden.

Indeed last time before Trump in 2016 the Republicans-Conservatives nominated a whackjob was in 1964 when Goldwater got blown out and took 74 Republicans in the House with him and I forget how many senators. What I remember about the senate is that Democrats had almost 60 of 'em and did get to 60 a couple of years after. That's 52 years from then and Barry Goldwater losing to Donald Trump pulling it off.

While Goldwater was a patriot who had different approaches that were often bizarre, this time will be worse for the Republicans and their Party because Republicans-Conservatives have become what we fought against throughout the 20th century. The Republican Party is now the largest pro Russia political party outside of Russia itself.

The now under arrest Stephen Bannon articulated the doctrine of the PutinTrumpRowers when he said their purpose is to tear it all down. The whole friggin system and structure of democratic government and the Constitution. This is why there is always a hidden vote for Trump the wildman ignoramus. That will be countered this time by the great number of Americans who just can't stand this Republican-Conservative and Putin buttressed lunacy any longer.

How to deal with the mass treason is a vital matter to be addressed after the inauguration or during the hiatus between the election results and the inauguration, depending on how Trump and his rightwing gangs react after the official results are certified. Lincoln's Reconstruction was a failure because it was as soft as a grape toward treason so we cannot afford to make the same mistake twice. Americans need to straighten out the treason problem decisively in the coming new year and time.

Back
Top Bottom