• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Question for any constitutional scholars out there

Not to sure about that.

If he is, then that opens the way for Pence to run without having to worry about running against him in 2024. It would all depend on Pence and what he wants to do.

It should be very clear from my wording I was referring to Joe Biden using his pardoning power.

Vice President Mike Pence would have to run against other Republicans if he chooses not to retire, but that must be the last thing on his mind right now.

Just another silly dream.... Trump will end up in Florida with his Secret Service detail.
My guess to your question is NO! He would not be the president then so you could not impeach him.
Talk about being vindictive!
It not about that, it's about justice, and having an official record of behavior. He needs to be removed from office by the Congress for Inciting Insurrection and Open Rebellion and suffer the consequences.

If impeachment is initiated but the new administration is sworn in before a determination is made by the Senate regarding guilt, can the process still continue after he's officially out of office? This is important because a conviction prevents him from ever again holding public office, takes away his pension and lifetime Secret Service protection.
I heard that discussed the this week and the answer is that he can still be impeached and convicted once he leaves. That way he will never be able to run for President or even dog catcher.

I think some of you are mixing "removal from office" and "disqualification." They are divisible. Impeachment/removal does not necessarily mean disqualification from future office. Interestingly, in an old case, the senate determined that disqualification from office merely needed a majority rather than 2/3 vote. So there is that. But in the cases I am aware of, the disqualification was from holding the position that led to impeachment. I am not aware of a disqualification from any position impeachment.

Perhaps it is a conviction for treason you are referring to- which does prohibit holding any office under the United States.

Just another silly dream.... Trump will end up in Florida with his Secret Service detail.
My guess to your question is NO! He would not be the president then so you could not impeach him.
Talk about being vindictive!
Can I point out, Trump couldn't trust his security detail, moving into Trump Towers, and his own security took control, or oversaw his security!
But hey.... it's America, JFK, The twin towers, the 2020 election... no end in sight!

Back
Top Bottom