• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putting Biden's Gun Control Claims To The Truth Test

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Thank God we still have that pesky Constitution to reel in the gun grabbers
------------------

1618180732982.png

There were so many lies in Vice President Kamala Harris’ and President Joe Biden’s presentations on guns Thursday that it is hard to know where to start. One thing is certain, though: The media fact-checkers won’t question their claims.

putting-bidens-gun-control-claims-truth-test

One minor point about the article. The background checks in the Brady Bill of 1994 was held to be unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997) for violating the Tenth Amendment. As a result the Republican-controlled Congress created the NCIS federal background check in 1998 that only applies to FFL holders.

Since I have never purchased or sold a firearm from an FFL holder, I have never been subject to a background check for firearms. The only time I have ever been subjected to a federal background check is when I obtained by federal security clearance.

Nothing Biden is told to do by his handlers will make any difference since Executive Orders only effect the Executive Branch. They are not law, and they do not bind any State.

------------------

View attachment 67328073

There were so many lies in Vice President Kamala Harris’ and President Joe Biden’s presentations on guns Thursday that it is hard to know where to start. One thing is certain, though: The media fact-checkers won’t question their claims.

There were no lies, none, zip, null, nada, nix, zero

We no longer have the orange clown for president.

why are you unable to separate your irrational hate for gun rights with your even more irrational hate for Trump

why are you unable to separate your irrational hate for gun rights with your even more irrational hate for Trump

Two different aversions

1. Guns cause carnage and destroy lives

2. Trump tried to destroy democracy in the USA - including several illegal attempts to pervert the election
He caused massive damage to the environment, the USA's reputation overseas. Caused carnage with US diplomacy. Treated the law/Constitution as toilet paper, bungled COVID and saw hundreds of thousands die because of his BS macho vanity.
He lied constantly - to the point that he is laughable
Became an world wide joke will his unbelievable refusal to accept defeat
And is now the subject of over 30 lawsuits
A total POS pig who deserves jail and if he did anything at all, it was to make the Republican party unelectable for a generation.

Gun confiscation is like peeling an onion. Review Australia’s approach.

Two different aversions

1. Guns cause carnage and destroy lives

2. Trump tried to destroy democracy in the USA - including several illegal attempts to pervert the election
He caused massive damage to the environment, the USA's reputation overseas. Caused carnage with US diplomacy. Treated the law/Constitution as toilet paper, bungled COVID and saw hundreds of thousands die because of his BS macho vanity.
He lied constantly - to the point that he is laughable
Became an world wide joke will his unbelievable refusal to accept defeat
And is now the subject of over 30 lawsuits
A total POS pig who deserves jail and if he did anything at all, it was to make the Republican party unelectable for a generation.
what you constantly prove is this

You hate Trump, and your hatred borders on hysteria

You see gun owners as supporting Trump

so you see gun control as a way of punishing people who supported a man who causes you serious mental issues

what you constantly prove is this

You hate Trump, and your hatred borders on hysteria

I wouldn't say that - especially now that he's out of office and banned from social media

You see gun owners as supporting Trump

It's not a perfect correlation, but largely yes

so you see gun control as a way of punishing people who supported a man who causes you serious mental issues

I don't see gun control as a punishment on gun owners...anymore than I see speed limits a punishment for sports car owners.

I wouldn't say that - especially now that he's out of office and banned from social media

It's not a perfect correlation, but largely yes

I don't see gun control as a punishment on gun owners...anymore than I see speed limits a punishment for sports car owners.
speed limits are just like laws preventing me from shooting a firearm in a municipal park etc. It is a USE restriction. You never have been able to comprehend the difference between use restrictions-which most gun owners support-and possession bans which we oppose. The correct analogy is banning someone from owning a car that might be able to exceed the speed limit

------------------

View attachment 67328073

A word of warning: Zerohedge is an extremely unreliable source and has a history of conspiracy theories and false claims. While in this case everything seems accurate, you’d be better off finding a more reliable source(s) because nothing from zerohedge should accepted without double checking and verification.

A word of warning: Zerohedge is an extremely unreliable source and has a history of conspiracy theories and false claims. While in this case everything seems accurate, you’d be better off finding a more reliable source(s) because nothing from zerohedge should accepted without double checking and verification.
Every source requires verification unless one is a LIV of course.

------------------

View attachment 67328073There were so many lies in Vice President Kamala Harris’ and President Joe Biden’s presentations on guns Thursday that it is hard to know where to start. One thing is certain, though: The media fact-checkers won’t question their claims.

Were they lies or just what the other side believes?

speed limits are just like laws preventing me from shooting a firearm in a municipal park etc. It is a USE restriction. You never have been able to comprehend the difference between use restrictions-which most gun owners support-and possession bans which we oppose. The correct analogy is banning someone from owning a car that might be able to exceed the speed limit

Use restriction / possession restriction - neither are "punishments".

Red Alert.....Red Alert...... Rabbit Hole post.

Unfortunately so...and it's getting rather crowded down there according to Alice.
well, it is your favorite vacation spot. and you do drag a lot of innocent people down there.... :)

No, quite the reverse, they're seen as "punishments" only by gun owners.

The gun control lobby do NOT see restriction / possession as "punishments.
the gun control lobby is scum. I am sure the Klan didn't see Jim Crow laws as punishment either.

the gun control lobby is scum. I am sure the Klan didn't see Jim Crow laws as punishment either.

No, the gun control lobby is the holder of all that is good and decent...

And actually no, I'm sure they didn't
Nevertheless gun owners see gun control laws as punishment

Do you think laws outlawing murder were passed to "punish" murderers ?

Back
Top Bottom