• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pritzker does it right.

Luce

Weaponized Funk
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Tuesday announced proposals to end cash bail, change theft and drug-crime sentencing to give criminals opportunities to escape addiction and creating more rehabilitation options to reduce long sentences.

The ideas are among seven “guiding principles” the Democrat unveiled for negotiations with the General Assembly over criminal justice reform, an initiative announced in January and spearheaded by Lt. Gov. Juliana Stratton and pushed forward for decades by the Legislative Black Caucus.

“We spend billions of dollars a year keeping too many people in an overcrowded prison system that has proven itself too expensive, too punitive and wholly ineffective at keeping Illinois families safe,” Pritzker said in a statement.

I have zero problem with reserving prison time for serious offenses. Throwing junkies into prison for simple possession never fixed a thing.

Another good move by Pritzker. So far, he has my vote when he's up for re-election.

Boy am i glad to have gotten out of that pisshole state.

So JB Prickster, player of Pay to Play and tax fraud, is further coddling criminals? What's next? A pardon promise for Madigan?

Back
Top Bottom