• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential runner up as VP

As useless insulting comments seem to be very common on this board I'm not surprised You're just following the herd Bless your heart. You are so special
It's amazing you would bother responding to something you felt that way about. Personally I just use the scroll
As useless OPs are common in this place you are the herd, and you are very special.... :rolleyes:
Somehow you can't take your own advice- just scroll on by and continue posting more silly threads, the 'strong' FCC is just more trollish dribble... ✌️

Trump would never have served under Biden. There would have been a Mar-a-Lago condiment massacre had anyone even suggested it to him.

But the meltdown would have been epic.
Interesting I wonder what the penalty was back in the day with this was the law

If the runner up refused to serve under the winner

I am by no means proposing this as a reasonable way for things to occur cause if someone said it's a great way to trigger an assassination.

I think it would have been hilarious to see hillary demand to serve as trump spice president

I'm not much of a fan of her but she certainly wouldn't have taken any of his crab

Wouldn't it be fun if we still did things like that

Hillary would have been trump's vice president

trump would have had to serve under biden

Part of me thinks that it would actually be a much better solution. That would have resulted in much better governing over the years if there was the opposition in the same building
Wouldnt work

Even the current line of secession is questionable. What if someone succeeds in killing the Pres and VP simultaneously? It's a coin toss whether the Speaker of the House is the same party as they were. This is still a partisan incentive to assassinate, even though simultaneous assassination of P and VP is much harder.

Aware that further institutionalizing the party system is a problem, but noting that it's already applied in the President and Vice-President, I think it would be a worthwhile safeguard against terrorists if the third spot on the ladder was OF THE SAME PARTY as the President and Vice-President.

So #3 would be whoever the President nominates from the US House. Almost always this would be the Speaker or the Minority Leader, but it doesn't have to be. And #4 would be whoever the President nominates from the Senate.

Then you could have a defined order of secession (Cabinet ministers) or the President could write their own order of secession as far down as they see fit. Even writing in a totally unqualified member of their own family does not bother me, considering that would come in no higher than #5.

I think there's a good reason the 12th Amendment was passed fairly early on. After the nightmare of the 1800 election, people wisely realized that it wasn't a good idea to let the loser become VP.

Back
Top Bottom