• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Post-apocalyptic/dystopic future fiction recommendations

So I used to be an avid reader, but school quickly killed that passion, but I'm slowly trying to get back into it. One of my favorite genres is post-apocalyptic or dystopian type fiction. For instance, my most recent (favorite) book has been Phillip Dick's The Man in the High Castle. I've been in the middle of Alas, Babylon for about 6 months and Ive heard good things about A Canticle for Liebowitz. Any other suggestions?

Note: I now realize that dystopic isnt an actual word, thread title should be "dystopian"
Leave The World Behind by Rumaan Alam
Fast read and bone chilling.

Nicholas Ryan's Zombie War: An Account of the Zombie Apocalypse That Swept Across America

Kinda like Max Brooks' World War Z, except the Zombie outbreak effects only the US...and it's probably a lot better.

Nicholas Ryan's Zombie War: An Account of the Zombie Apocalypse That Swept Across America

Kinda like Max Brooks' World War Z, except the Zombie outbreak effects only the US...and it's probably a lot better.
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve put it on my list!

I’ll bump my own thread with a suggestion myself:

Vox by Christina Dalcher. Very much in the same vein as The Handmaids Tale

Heres my recommendation:
A brave new world by Aldous Huxley
1984 by geogre orwell
hunger games by suzann collins
do robots dream of electric sheep? by phillip k. dick
starship Troopers and any novel by Robert A. Heinlein

Back
Top Bottom