• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Opinion: How dumb can a nation get and still survive?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

This comment struck a note for me:

How did it happen Gene? It started with the Russian satellite Sputnik in the early 1960s. That scared the crap out of America. During the Cold War, that showed Russia had the capability to launch nuclear warhead ICBM's to hit the US. The cry came up... We need more engineers... more college educated people. And then came VietNam. In the late 60s, these newly educated masses of kids were not buying the government's BS of why we should fight and die in a foreign country who's civil war had very little to do with us. They took to the streets in protest. The Elite Powers that Be realized that educating the masses may not have been a good idea after all. It makes the people harder to control with BS. So education was soon decimated. Even Civics classes were eliminated in high schools. Fast forward to today... We are seeing the results of a dumbed down populace who does not have the ability to do Critical Thinking, much less the basics of logic. They are childlike gullible. We are in a very dangerous time.

posted by FrankC4

How did it happen Gene? It started with the Russian satellite Sputnik in the early 1960s. That scared the crap out of America. During the Cold War, that showed Russia had the capability to launch nuclear warhead ICBM's to hit the US. The cry came up... We need more engineers... more college educated people. And then came VietNam. In the late 60s, these newly educated masses of kids were not buying the government's BS of why we should fight and die in a foreign country who's civil war had very little to do with us. They took to the streets in protest. The Elite Powers that Be realized that educating the masses may not have been a good idea after all. It makes the people harder to control with BS. So education was soon decimated. Even Civics classes were eliminated in high schools. Fast forward to today... We are seeing the results of a dumbed down populace who does not have the ability to do Critical Thinking, much less the basics of logic. They are childlike gullible. We are in a very dangerous time.

posted by FrankC4

Ill say the same thing in this thread Ill sad in the other

Flat earthers are growing
People think the election was stolen
People think the Covid vax rearrange your DNA like Xmen
Birthers still exist
Truthers still exist that think bish planned it
etc etc

That type of stupidity/tribalism is amazing
how do those people think that way and not have a deadly accident or get lost going to the store amazes me

hopefully it just works itself out to a lesser degree but if not we'll be living like the movie Idiocracy soon! lol It will happen in a few generations!

posted by FrankC4
Stupid people make great Trump voters. We've seen that play out.

Are nations technologically and ecologically obsolete? Do they just exist for the egos of the morons in charge who try to manage the populace for their own purposes? Trump is just the most unimaginable stupid example in US history.

People who believe that a 1360 foot skyscraper could collapse straight down without demanding to know how the steel and concrete had to be distributed must be pretty dumb.

Years ago I had a conversation with a man who told me he "loved cars". He was carrying an Automobile Magazine with him. I ask him what a cam shaft was. He didn't know. I used his magazine to point at an auto part in an ad with lots of parts. He asked me if it was a cam shaft. I was pointing at a crank shaft.

We are turning natural resources into technological garbage that people cannot evaluate at least partly because schools waste our time on bullshit. Why give a damn about the nation once we screw up the planet?

AVvXsEiltFTDa62KPI394Ji76zXWDxBXsbX4MhFwvH6ojRP2zz-RDazM3ae6kKZKiKU0k8PqtV2AVyKUX-N8aaKmykXzEpJTRlb2fKi70QYuvw5ua7K_t40abPbFOoKg2bxLfenMuDUXqGS_yNZVqskynWWiIOZP_0ljcHq8X8wz4OPXGG1HsJRvGw

AVvXsEjxTf9mwPWN1VgZob4hma6nQn-Ff32bTCMrz9VeC0JOLXm8MNo-CzMWJ8cjB7AfV2YnvKukNHGOr6gUqIOU1nJUne7D2to6XSQClfleBRc0FrmwZxBNai0E0vesCFjaUFAU8h-ivUXB75Gwdr-boEBTS8NtIKTtsyTtE6H1NoY_aAcuUHy64A

**************​

Very. For almost all of human history - the vast majority of a nation’s citizenry was made up of completely uneducated troglodytes. Education was reserved for the monied/ruling class until relatively recently.

posted by FrankC4
Just look at much of Central America and many other 3rd world countries.

posted by FrankC4

I tie it to Brown vs Board of Education. Suddenly white America didn't like public schools.

How did it happen Gene? It started with the Russian satellite Sputnik in the early 1960s. That scared the crap out of America. During the Cold War, that showed Russia had the capability to launch nuclear warhead ICBM's to hit the US.

Late 50s, October 1957

Back
Top Bottom