• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

old ego

Omniscient

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
old people are identified with the past. most of their ego is constructed of things that existed in the past, stuff that happened in the past, etc...

and they feel threatened by anything new. they dont understand it. it all seems foreign, and a threat to their old timey ego identities

in response their ego attacks anything new. belittles it. imagines it to be evil. etc.... so they can maintain their ego survival

and they have to keep telling endless stories about the past. to try and make their ego feel alive

image.png

old people are identified with the past. most of their ego is constructed of things that existed in the past, stuff that happened in the past, etc...

and they feel threatened by anything new. they dont understand it. it all seems foreign, and a threat to their old timey ego identities

in response their ego attacks anything new. belittles it. imagines it to be evil. etc.... so they can maintain their ego survival

and they have to keep telling endless stories about the past. to try and make their ego feel alive

Not sure why you dislike the old so but you are not alone. This entire generation seems less tolerant of the old than previous. It was the same in my day but to a much less degree. It was more of "get out of my way" rather than dislike or hate liek we see today.

This is a shame as I find this generation in most ways far superior to my generation.

BTW, your ego is also constructed of the past. ;)

ALL humans feel threatened by anything new, by change. This is biological. You are no different. And your responses are the same to change.
There is a lot going on here including tribal association on your part.

It does bother me a little young folks say, "OK, Boomer." My generation was never so in your face dismissive of the generation that preceded us.

There is a wealth of information in older people. Maybe try to tap into it rather than dismissing it. You would be the beneficiary.

Peace brother

image.png
As opposed to you who invent cartoon people with cartoon responses and illustrate your cartoonish point with, well,

image.png

Ageism is bigotry. This would be like me banging out stereotypical ramblings about Millennials. But I don't because being older I'm smarter than that ;)

Anyone in particular that you are thinking of?

Someone should print the OP in steel to be given to this putz in 2070.

Back
Top Bottom