• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama stabs McCain in the back - a true Dem

The last paragraph of the Washington Post article that is linked above, sums the situation up nicely:

This is who McCain is, why is anyone surprised by this?

He has always spoken his mind, and it did not matter if it was with Democrats, or Republicans, but now he has attacked the "Golden boy" the token black super Senator of the future. This will probably be turned in to a race issue now, just hide and watch. I thank McCain for bringing this to all of our attention, it needed to be said, politicians are playing politics with important issues, and this hurts the people, and we are supposed to be their bosses, they are supposed to serve us!

This letter sounds like a weird joke. But nothing was funnier than Santorum standing next to McCain when the Rep announced their plans to reform government.

As an aside did anyone else notice McCain's cameo on 24 last night?

Here's Obama's response:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-obama07.html

not that it means much, but in regards to it being a joke - it's on the Drudge page...so it might be true.

Obama's reply shows a great deal of class (something that I always believed John McCain had and hope that he still does. I need to find out more because as I said I actually admired John McCain until I read that letter. The letter makes him sound a little mentally unstable).

Obama's reply shows a great deal of class
I also thought Obama had some class but this proves he's just another Washington politician.

*sigh*...

Let the facts fall where they may...Here is a past history of your McCain comments...

aps said:
It's not like Earle was going after a republican like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and other well-respected republicans.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=212941&postcount=122

You call him respected based on how the other Republicans having a "whisper campaign" against him?...

aps said:
I am surprised by that percentage that support impeaching Bush. The more I read about this, the more I am assured that he has broken the law. McCain believes he did not have the authority. Other republicans believe it too. Check it out.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=209298&postcount=18

Where's your claim that he just said this to be "angry" & "vindictive" like you do so now?...

aps said:
Murtha is speaking from his heart and from experience, yet they are looking to attack his service (surprise surprise--see McCain and Kerry smearing examples).
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=202009&postcount=6

Do you retract this due to the "smearing examples" that you consider correct now?

aps said:
John McCain--I like him, but I hate him for kissing Bush's a$$ after the horrible way Bush (well, Karl Rove) attacked McCain so that he would not win in South Carolina. McCain has no balls. Stand up for yourself for god's sake!
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=173546&postcount=2

Now we know why he doesn't stand up more often...When he does, you attack him!...

Funny how in one post you call him "well-respected", then in another post, you say he "has no balls"...Whatever helps your cause, eh?...

aps said:
Republicans are so patriotic that they will make up lies about John McCain being an angry person after his prisoner-of-war captivity...
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=174267&postcount=4

Is this the part where you say, "The Republicans were right all along?"...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=98702&postcount=456

Fascinating!...You endorse a letter TO Senator McCain...But FROM him?...That's a "no-no" in your book...

If the Captain wanted to go to the leadership as stated in the letter, why go to such an "angry" & "vindictive" person like McCain?...Where's his letter to Obama?!?!?!...

aps said:
I think that Rove is in deep doo doo. It could not happen to a better guy. This jerk has made it his life to trash anyone who is running against his candidate. Let's see, Ann Richardson, John McCain, John Kerry, and the list goes on and on and on.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=107027&postcount=18

Are you now saying, "I don't like Rove, but I see now that Rove was correct in "trashing" McCain?"...

Here's the kicker...Love this one...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=105955&postcount=182

"I'm aps, and I was wrong all this time"...

C'mon...SAY IT!!!!!!!!...Tell the forum how easily you flip based on one letter...How he is SOOOO respectful when against Republicans, but how he's SOOOO vindictive when against Democrats...

When you wake up, do you just wet your finger and see which way the wind is blowin'?...:roll:

Now continue to read the excerpts from the Left on this thread...

disneydude said:
John McCain is a Republican that I actually admire and respect, but this makes me question his character.

hipsterdufus said:
This letter sounds like a weird joke. But nothing was funnier than Santorum standing next to McCain when the Rep announced their plans to reform government.

The Left thought they had an ally when it comes to Conservative bashing, so he was always "respected" and "admired"...

The second they find out he's an equal opportunity basher of partisan tactics...My, how quickly they turn...

"Party 1st...America 2nd"...No truer words have been spoken...

P.S. - Not ONE debate on McCain's letter from the Left on this forum...Only the messenger was attacked...:roll:

My respect for McCain just went down two points. If he was such a tough guy, he wouldn't have released the letter just to make himself look good. What was he thinking?

FinnMacCool said:
My respect for McCain just went down two points. If he was such a tough guy, he wouldn't have released the letter just to make himself look good. What was he thinking?

He was thinking how this is a classic example of how Democrats talk about working together but invaribly they stab you in the back. Why shouldn't he make note of it?

Stinger said:
He was thinking how this is a classic example of how Democrats talk about working together but invaribly they stab you in the back. Why shouldn't he make note of it?

Because, as Nancy Pelosi demanded after being cited for HER lobbyist paid trips, you have to treat Democrats and Republicans different. 'THEY' are criminals....I guess she was implying that 'where the Dems are not'?!

It is OK for Dems to do such things as Obama did, but it is wrong for Mccain to point it out because it paints the Dems in a bad light.

Because it's hypocritical. But whatever. Both McCain and Obama are great speakers but seriously I don't trust any of them.

FinnMacCool said:
Because it's hypocritical. But whatever. Both McCain and Obama are great speakers but seriously I don't trust any of them.

How the hell is it hypocritical? Obamma says he wants to work together to help fix corruption in Congress and McCain sets up a bipartisan convention, but being the partisan hack that he is Obamma opts not to join it.

The only people being hypocritical are the libs here who supported McCain when he was talking sh!t about Republicans but are now all like: "how dare he say that about poor Obamma."

I called him well respected because I see him as a person to whom people give a lot of credibility, and to whom I give a lot of credibility.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=209298&postcount=18

Where's your claim that he just said this to be "angry" & "vindictive" like you do so now?...

At that time, I didn’t find his statements to be angry and vindictive. So because I find one letter published today exuding anger and vindictiveness, I must attach those adjectives to past statements/letters from McCain? What planet do you live on, cnredd?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=202009&postcount=6

Do you retract this due to the "smearing examples" that you consider correct now?

No. Why would I? I stand by my disgust that Rove did a smear campaign against McCain when he and Bush were running for the Republican nomination in South Carolina. So because I am disappointed with the letter that was published today, somehow that should cause me to change my mind about everything I have ever felt involving McCain? Is this how you work, cnredd?

cnredd, I have no idea why you perceive this as being indicative of me contradicting myself. We all have opinions on people's behaviors and sometimes it's positive and other times it's negative. I was disgusted when I found out that Clinton had an affair with Monica Lewinsky. Did it affect how I felt about his presidency? Nope. So while I don't respect what he did with Monica, I respect him on the whole. The same holds true for McCain. I am disappointed in his not standing up for himself, but it doesn't take away the fact that I have respected him on the whole. This is life, cnredd.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=174267&postcount=4

Is this the part where you say, "The Republicans were right all along?"...

Maybe they were. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen this side of McCain, and frankly, I am disappointed and rather disgusted. Whether this affects my opinion of him from here on remains to be seen.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=98702&postcount=456

Fascinating!...You endorse a letter TO Senator McCain...But FROM him?...That's a "no-no" in your book...

I just don’t see how one has to do with the other. When I posted that letter, it was not based upon to whom it was written but what was stated by the author of the letter. But even if I endorsed this letter to McCain because it was written to him, what does that have to do with my subsequent assessment of a letter he wrote? Am I not allowed to change my mind about someone?

If the Captain wanted to go to the leadership as stated in the letter, why go to such an "angry" & "vindictive" person like McCain?...Where's his letter to Obama?!?!?!...

You're grasping at staws here. See answer above.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=107027&postcount=18

Are you now saying, "I don't like Rove, but I see now that Rove was correct in "trashing" McCain?"...

Not at all. cnredd, you need to take a chill pill. Your logic is not logical at all. Just because I am disappointed with McCain based upona letter he wrote to Obama, somehow it means that I will completely turn against him and praise people who attack him? How strange. Is that how you work?

Huh? As I stated above, I had never seen McCain angry before—ever. Seeing the tone in this letter did make me see him differently. This is part of life, cnredd. We learn things about people and sometimes it can impact our opinion of that person temporarily or permanently. Again, whether it affects my opinion of him from here on out remains to be seen.

When you wake up, do you just wet your finger and see which way the wind is blowin'?...:roll:

OMG, you found me out. I am a complete farce.

You know what I find strange, cnredd, is that fact that you think you have caught me contradicting myself. I stand by everything I have stated previously. This morning, when I commented on McCain's letter, I said I saw him in a different light. For the most part, I see him in a positive light when it comes to veterans issues and his service to our country both in the military and in Congress. I had never seen him be so obnoxious before I read that letter today. So I was taken aback by it. Based on my reading of the letter, it exuded anger , and I thought the tone in the letter was unnecessary. No matter how partisan he perceived Obama, his letter is over the top in my opinion. If that makes you conclude that I just blow with the wind, then so be it.

I appreciate the time and effort you put into responding to my above statement that your deductive reasoning based upon my first post in this thread was "ridiculous." I stand by that assessment as well.

I don't think that's the case at all. McCain or anyone would obviously be pissed off when being back stabbed. Very uncool of Obama, but then as McCain said, understandable.
I think McCain still did the right thing. He really is a moderate that's trying to make the system work the way it should and not just for partisan bickering.
As for releasing the letter though, eh, not too good, he deffinetely could've done it more diplomatically, but then he does have a bit of a hot temper, eh that's why you just gotta like the guy.

How the hell is it hypocritical? Obamma says he wants to work together to help fix corruption in Congress and McCain sets up a bipartisan convention, but being the partisan hack that he is Obamma opts not to join it.
I've grown accustomed to the fact that I have to argue with you at every turn, mostly considering details with which you have obstructed. I find nothing here but I'm sure there is something.

Nevertheless, hypocrisy can go both ways.
The only people being hypocritical are the libs here who supported McCain when he was talking sh!t about Republicans but are now all like: "how dare he say that about poor Obamma."

That wouldn't be hypocritical. Indeed, it would be very fitting, however stupid and/or misrepresented any of it is.

McCain? A moderate? No, he's quite conservative on issues. He's just been trying to work past the partisan bickering. Big difference there.

FinnMacCool said:

Real gansta ass niggas don' flex nuts, 'cdause real gansta ass niggas know they got em.

Too true.

My problem with McCain's letter, other than it being whiny and amateurish, is that is doesn't work to resolve a conflict. It's a letter that makes any disagreement worse, and makes future, genuine, cooperation harder, or impossible.

Bad McCain, putting his feelings ahead of the countries security.

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill recieved 70% of the Illinois votes for U.S. Senate (3,555,586)

I don't think that could be misconstrued as a TOKEN.

If a liberal had said that about a conservative, this whole board would have lit up like a winning slot machine, but a con talking about a lib, quiet as a mouse peeing on cotton...LOL

But that's alright, 'cause I know the rule.

IOKIYAR (IT'S OKAY IF YOU'RE A REPUBLICAN) :elephantf

libertarian_knight said:
Real gansta ass niggas don' flex nuts, 'cdause real gansta ass niggas know they got em.

Not the words I would use, but, yep :lol:

quiet...as...a...mouse...peeing...on...cotton... :shock:

That's a new one...I gotta scribble that one down...

FinnMacCool said:

why? McCain has a reputation for working with Democrats, probably one of the most bipartisian members. Why is it hypocritical?

cnredd said:
quiet...as...a...mouse...peeing...on...cotton... :shock:

That's a new one...I gotta scribble that one down...

LOL Guess you're going to ignore my response to your post where you attempted to discredit me. Notice the italicized word. :lol:

aps said:
LOL Guess you're going to ignore my response to your post where you attempted to discredit me. Notice the italicized word. :lol:

Minus 5 credits for abuse of italics.

There I have discredited you

aps said:
Totally ignore...What I've stated was correct....

McCain was your little boy wonder until he chastised a Democrat for being partisan...Then you unfurled your claws...

You weren't the only one from the Left who did it...It's a reflex when you got nothing to dispute...

Party 1st...America 2nd...

I bet you have a tape of this on playback when you're sleeping...:2wave:

cnredd said:
Totally ignore...What I've stated was correct....

Of course you were right, cnredd. You are always right. :lamo

McCain was your little boy wonder until he chastised a Democrat for being partisan...Then you unfurled your claws...

I love it. My one comment about McCain's letter is indicative of my unfurling my claws. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

You weren't the only one from the Left who did it...It's a reflex when you got nothing to dispute...

Party 1st...America 2nd...

I bet you have a tape of this on playback when you're sleeping...:2wave:

Frankly, I find your assessments to be pathetic, and I don't mean that to be mean--I mean it because it's true. You're a very angry person, cnredd. No wonder your name is what it is. Your anger blinds you to real facts. Your assessment of me is so ridiculous, I actually feel sorry for you.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…