• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Milford Regional Hospital to Deny Care over ‘Body Language’

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The reviews on this place are not good.

I can see why. Good lord, where do they find drones like this?

Deny care over body language?

WTH?

——-

WTH?

——-

I know right? What kind of woke-ass world is it when they won't let you flip the bird at people in the waiting room? Libnazi fascists!

I know right? What kind of woke-ass world is it when they won't let you flip the bird at people in the waiting room? Libnazi fascists!
For real. Super stupid.

WTH?

——-

I wonder how long they endure criticism before these dolts walk back this ridiculous policy.

I wonder how long they endure criticism before these dolts walk back this ridiculous policy.
Who judges body language? Maybe the person has gas or something. But nope. He looks like a racist.

Cops

Military

EMTs

Parents

fox news

Athletes

Bosses

Salespeople

CEOs

Teachers

Coaches

Psychiatrists

Doctors

Referees

Town Council Members

Zoom participants

Spouses
Incoherent bile ^^^^

WTH?
——-

Stop!

Have mercy!

I cannot clutch my pearls any tighter!

Transcript from video:
Medical Center Milford Regional Medical Center is committed to providing exceptional health care services to our community with dignity compassion and respect.​
Everyone should expect a safe caring and inclusive environment in all our spaces.​
Our patient and visitor code of conduct helps us meet this goal.​
Words or actions that are disrespectful racist discriminatory hostile or harassing are not welcome and will not be tolerated.​
Examples of these include offensive comments about others race, ethnicity, accent, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other personal traits, refusal to see a clinician or other staff member based on these personal traits, aggressive or intimidating behavior, physical or verbal threats and assaults, sexual or vulgar words or actions, and disrupting another patient's care or experience.​
Please recognize that body language and tone of voice are also important parts of communication.​
If we believe you have violated our code with unwelcome words or actions you will be given a chance to explain your point of view.
We will always carefully consider your response before we make any decisions about future Care at Milford Regional.
Know that we also have a similar code of conduct in place for our staff and providers.​
To review the full patient and visitor code of conduct visit our website.​
We look forward to continuing to serve our community and trust that this code of conduct clarifies expectations and reinforces our commitment to a safe caring and inclusive environment for all for all.​

link to website:

it was an answer to your question.

hell, the question is who does NOT read body language.
Indeed. In a stressful place like a hospital, certain body language is often the first sign someone is becoming agitated, which can spiral to full blown violence. Hospital staff are trained to recognize such signs and take steps to diffuse the situation. Most violence in hospitals occur in waiting rooms, especially emergency waiting. So observing body language is necessary for safety. The idea that it isn't or it doesn't matter is stupid on all levels.

We teach our students to have situational awareness in case there's an active shooter on campus. That includes reading body language.

This thread seems really bizarre to me.

We teach our students to have situational awareness in case there's an active shooter on campus. That includes reading body language.

This thread seems really bizarre to me.
Bizarre is one wY of putting it.

Back
Top Bottom