• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Microsoft Edge Browser says page hangs

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Edge is now based on the chrome browser, and since windows will update it automatically, I think it's a good choice.

problem is, debate politics hangs. You can view the page, but the links don't work.

Microsoft EdgeVersion 89.0.774.54 (Official build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge is up to date.

This browser is made possible by the Chromium open source project and other open source software.

I'm posting this with chrome, chrome works fine.

I use edge too, mobile and PC, no problem. Try using the site in an inprivate tab. That will disable most extensions, and if the problem goes away, you know it's one of your extensions causing the issue.

I use edge too, mobile and PC, no problem. Try using the site in an inprivate tab. That will disable most extensions, and if the problem goes away, you know it's one of your extensions causing the issue.

Inprivate works fine

The only addon I have is "ublock origin"

Try adding DP to the whitelist for UBO.

I made debate politics a trusted site, but the error remains. Page loads, links don't work.

Goto go. I'll be back later.

I use Edge most of the time. I have had no issues with Edge on this site or any other site I visit.

The error happened after the Windows 10 big update that happened a week or so ago.

I didn't touch a thing, but it's working right now.

Might've been another update that fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom