• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

Do John McCain remember any of these before President Obama beat him ?

I tired to delete this post

Last edited:
But no problem with the president leading the nation into an almost decade long war based on bad intel, despite all the warnings that Iraq was not a threat to the US, right..................!

Well see that's just the thing.....the issue is here is Benghazi and it is under this President and HIS Administration and Those People He picked to Allegedly Lead his Policy along the way. This is what McCain is talking about. He isn't wallowing in the past as those issues do not have to do with what took place here. National Security and Interests was put at risk just over any CIA operations alone. Especially if any clandestine affairs was dealing with those Weapons that magically made it to Syria.

This is not about Bush, Iraq, Afghanistan.....unless you count Iraq and Afghanistan in with the Correlation of Obama dropping the Ball on the Anniversary of 911. Which then would include what took place in Egypt. Which was premeditated by One of the Highest Ranking Sunni Alleged Holy Men in Egypt. Who used Social networking to call on all to rise up and Protest the US not just in Egypt but 23 other Muslim Countries. Which the US has not even asked to have him brought in for questioning. Which was able to take place due to the policy that Obama and Clinton had implemented throughout the ME.

Also once again you bring up intel during the Bush Administration. At that time Other Foreign governments were not required to share any intel with us. Even if we were their ally. Nor was Any of those outside the US that were involved in any Law Enforcement operations which involved the same people we were looking for. Prime example was the French Interpol.....who had agents in many other countries. So you can thank Bush for forcing the French to Comply with others over the sharing of intel. Especially with any clear and imminent attack in motion on the US or any of our Allies.

Even within our own Organizations of Intel and LE's. Were not Sharing any type of Intel with one another. Not even our Military Intels were sharing info unless ordered to do so. Course Obama doesn't have that excuse. As all are in contact and on the same page allegedly.

Exactly.....who is in custody? Who has justice been brought to? Where is the Autopsy on Stevens Body? Where are the statements from the other 20 Survivors? Why isn't the Story of the Navy Seals Battle for 7hrs not being told? 2 Separate committees finding blatant disregard for Actual Warning Signs which had included a previous attack.

National Security and Interests put at risk. 7hrs of film. Now General Dempsey putting it squarely on Clinton's azz. Her State Dept.....her people. Plus she knew what it was like since Gadhafi was ousted. Clear negligence in leaving our people at Risk. Plus lets not forget Direct Involvement with the TNC.

Yeah, the numbers are misleading. In some of the above listed attacks, the person compiling the stats included the people who died while attacking the embassy. Pretty irresponsible, or lazy . . . or worse . . . on purpose.

You should have deleted your post. The "Blue Street Journal" !!! You have to do better than that.

Jan. 22, 2002. This was an attack near the American consulate. No Americans killed.

June 14, 2002, This was a truck bomb attack outside the walls of the Consulate.

Feb. 28, 2003. This was an attack outside of the Embassy by gunmen.

June 30, 2004.This was a suicide bomber attack out side of the Embassy.

Dec. 6, 2004.This was an Al Qaeda attack upon a diplomatic compound, not an Embassy or consulate.

March 6, 2006.This was a car bomb that blew up outside the walls of a U.S. Consulate.

Sept. 12, 2006. This was a unsuccessful "raid" by gunmen who never entered the U.S. Embassy.

March 18, 2008. This was a mortar attack against the U.S. Embassy.

July 9, 2008. This was an unsuccessful attack by gunmen upon the U.S. Consulate.

Sept. 17, 2008. This was a car bomb attack outside the walls of the Embassy.

The looney Blue Street for some reason for got to mention the January 12, 2007 attack by European liberals using an RPG on the U.S. Embassy in Athens, Greece.

The 4 accomplished nothing. The 5k brought human rights and democracy to Iraq.

The GOP war brought them tens of thousands of dead and a different corrupt government. That's why they told us to get the **** out of their country!

A majority of Congressional Democrats didn't fall for the false intel and voted no on Authorization of Force in Iraq, as had the UN before.

Yet in most instances . . . the embassy or embassy personnel (protecting the embassy) were attacked (no matter how dishonest the numbers are) . . . the attacks occurred, and an insistence the walls must be breached before it is outrageous is in my opinion . . . intellectually dishonest. But . . . it was because they hated our freedom . . . and most that died were not American. No outrage. Unless, citizens from other countries die like in Kenya and Tanzania under Bill Clinton. Weakness under Clinton . . . under Bush? It's a cost of doing war. I truly dislike selective outrage.

I don't have outrage for either Bush or Obama . . . I do not hold outrage for Clinton either. This is the cost of doing foreign policy in host countries that cannot always control their people. Stop already.

Seriously, I have no idea how this reply contains even one word that is applicable to my post generating this reply. Not one word. Not a one. Stop . . . please stop . . . for yourself . . . stop. Give me outrage that is equivalent when the president isn't named Obama. Between Obama and all other presidents from 1958 there have been 23-attacks on American Embassies/Consulates across the world. There were 12 in the GW Bush 8-years of business. Hhhmmmmmnn . . . I wonder how foreign policy can play out over several years?

Me asking myself: Do you mean what happened 10 . . . 20 . . . or even 30-years ago can affect how things happen in the present?

Then I answer myself: "Yes, things that happened many years ago, and even in the recent past can effect things." But then I add to myself, "A lot of people do not have the ability to remember past the last 30-second soundbite."

Again . . . I am not mad at any of these presidents for the irresponsibility of being in power when our interests were attacked. Cost of doing business.

My thought on why the "Benghazi Conspiracy" exists.

It's just not American embassies and consulates that have come under attack. out of 131 such attacks, only 32 were American embassies or consulates.

Being attacked is just that, an attack. When an embassy perimeter is breached, that's when the nations embassy security forces can use deadly force, the attackers have now entered sovereign territory. When the attackers are able to gain access with inside the embassy building is when we have a huge problem.

What we are seeing with this incident that happened in Benghazi seems to be a cover up by the Obama administration.

For two weeks the Obama administration blamed it on a YouTube video. Why ? (This caught everyone off guard, Obama didn't blame Bush.)

(But some liberal Democrats tried to blame Republicans in Congress for cutting funds to the State Department until it was discovered that Obama's State Department was spending appropriations not on security but for green recharging stations for hybrid cars at embassies.)

We find out that two former Navy SEAL's were under attack and requested help and no help came. Why ?

Not confirmed yet but British sources say that British SAS were only a few kilometers of the consulate and CIA compound while they were under attack. SAS contacted the American State Department offering to respond and rescue any Americans. No response from the State Department. Why ?

President's Truman, Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, G.H. Bush, Clinton, G.W. Bush always had a navy carrier in the Mediterranean Sea and a Marine rifle battalion on ships 24/7 during their administrations to be able to respond to such an incident. Why not Obama ?

Where was President Obama during these seven hours while these Americans were under attack asking for help ?

Why can't the Obama administration answere simple questions ?

Because Obama has an mental illness known as narcotism. He never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and always blames others and always takes credit for what others did right.

If the truth were have come out before the elections that Obama was derlict in his duties and Commander and Chief and it was exposed that Obama is and has been an incompetent Cn'C who's more concerned with using the military for social engineering than what the real purpose of what the military is for, killing people and blowing things up in the name of defense and interest of the United States, it would have jeopardised Obama being reelected.

If the Obama administration deliberately put off these hearings on Benghazi until after the elections for Obama's own political gain and there was a cover up that Obama and his administration knew that the attack on our consulate wasn't about a video but a terrorist attack, that's an impeachable offense. That's why the Obama administration refuses to answer questions.

Obama's Benghazi Massacre?

Massacre, really. You call this a massacre? A while back we had a traffic massacre here in Houston where seven people lost their lives due to President Obama not insuring the safety of these American citizens.

Typical Bush logic, and you back it. :lamo

John McCain is a lying POS of a hypocritical politician and can go straight to Hell.

Whatever he says or does means that the opposite is really the truth.

Screw him.

John McCain is a lying POS of a hypocritical politician and can go straight to Hell.

Whatever he says or does means that the opposite is really the truth.

Screw him.
I think all those years John spent a the Hanoi Hilton is catching up with him.John McCain don't know if he's going are coming anymore he's senile! ijs :lamo

Amen!...................

That is just ridiculous.

1. What was requested was for the embassy in Tripoli (which is where the JSOC unit was at the time of the attack) not the consulate in Benghazi. It took four hours for the JSOC unit to move from Tripoli to Benghazi after being notified by the consulate staff that they were under attack.

2. The attack on the consulate lasted less than 2 hours. There were no forces which could have responded in time to do any good for Ambassador Stevens. All we hear about from Republicans is a fanciful tale of gunships flying in shooting everything in sight with the moon rising behind them, but its total bull. We don't hear anything from them about the security personnel who locked the Ambassador in a burning building and abandoned him there.

3. It took hours for word of this attack to filter through bureaucratic channels to the SOS and SOD.

4. The Republicans have lost their marbles if they think, as it appears they do, that our intelligence agencies immediately know everything. Assessments evolve as additional information is brought forward.

The only thing to blame here is poor logistics and bureaucracy. The rest is partisan hackery.

Well see that's just the thing.....the issue is here is Benghazi and it is under this President...

Tell that to the ones who keep bringing up Clinton!

Tell that to the ones who keep bringing up Clinton!

Maybe you should tell that to General Dempsey since he stated she, "Meaning Hillary", that it was her Dept and that they did not send the request. Moreover she is the Predominant one to initiate Obama's Policy.

Then there is that fact about her knowing what that it was like in Libya since the ouster of the Gadhafi and the inception of the TNC.

Yeah, nevermind that Obama lied is ass off about the incident from the git-go. "what difference does it make?"...right?

Selective outrage. Asks the same questions as related to other attacks. Selective outrage, but you believe you are a justice seeker . . . I can't change that. Ask the folks in the 9/11 conspiracy thread about your common traits.

A majority of Congressional Democrats didn't fall for the false intel and voted no on Authorization of Force in Iraq, as had the UN before.

Again that does not change the fact they knew what the ground was like in Libya? See Kerry Knew as he had gone to Egypt to watch Democracy take place in action. We also had a Contingent from the Arm Serves Committee and Intelligence Committees that knew what it was like in Libya, and on the ground.

Moreover your statement has nothing to do with all those Democrats voting for the way Bush set up the intel sharing legislation. Which you aptly avoid.

Course you cant get around the 2 separate investigations that shows sheer incompetence of Team Obama with the failing to recognize clear and Obvious warning signs. Even including a Prior attack on the same very Consulate. Not even Bush was that damn stupid. Looks like Hillary and her crew were. Another first for the History Books Under the Obamabaloney.

But don't you worry.....we gonna make sure where that credit goes and is due.

:shrug: It still boils down to 4 dead due to bad intel in Benghazi vs almost 5,000 dead due to bad intel in Iraq.

:shrug: It still boils down to 4 dead due to bad intel in Benghazi vs almost 5,000 dead due to bad intel in Iraq.

Let's not forget the thousands of GI's that came home with life altering injuries. An the broken families that resulted from th Iraq war.

Let's not forget the thousands of GI's that came home with life altering injuries. An the broken families that resulted from th Iraq war.

You are right. And there were 1,715 that required amputations in the Iraq War. And that was just on our side.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…