• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

U mad because your clothes aren't as patriotic as theirs.

They were clearly making fun of people who wear patriotic clothing because they view that as an over-the-top action. I don't believe they were trying to deman the flag...they were just making fun of people who show their patriotism on their clothing. Not sure why that's funny, but they certainly think so.

This is how and why.

Were they using an actual American flag or just material with a flag print on it? The former is disrespectful and there's nothing wrong with the latter.

Actually they weren't wearing flags.....

Nice strawman, but they were, in fact, wearing representations of the flag. It was disrepectful, period.

Nice strawman, but they were, in fact, wearing representations of the flag. It was disrepectful, period.

You'll say anything you can to discredit this. And all it asks is, perhaps we should calm down before this gets out of control.

But carry on. As usual.

Double standards for all.

I think you're being just a tish bit ridiculous. Step back from your longing to diminish the rally and you'll realize that conservatives wear American flag shirts all the time. Everyone does! It's not disrespectful at all.

However, they were wearing them not to show their patriotism, but to make fun of those who do wear them. Again, I see nothing "insane" about wearing a flag shirt nor do I see anything disrespectul either.

It's disrespectful. I don't care who's doing, or why.

The distinction that seems to be getting missed is between "wearing a shirt made out of a flag" (bad).....and "wearing a shirt that includes patterns similar to those in the flag" (good, colorful, and actually kinda spirit lifting )

Then there is that other thingy about beating one's head against a wall which this seems to be evolving into....

Last edited:
Do you agree with Jon Stewart, pb, that people need to stop calling the tea parties racist?
Yes,I don't believe anyone should be calling people racists. However, I do believe some of the signs at Tea Party gatherings were racist in nature. I have seen signs depicting President Obama as a monkey, I believe that these signs could be considered racist. Whether the people carrying those signs were racist it's hard to tell.

Got back from the rally, there were like a billion people there, the mall was full, the streets were full to the brim with people, the metro was so full I thought people were going to spill into the tracks. It was great. Good message.

My favorite t-shirt has an American flag with a bakd eagle dragging it across the sky. I fail to see how anyone rational could consider it disrespectful.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…