• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel is a non-democratic ********* regime, says rights group

Qur'an 17:1 "Exalted is He who took His Servant [i.e., Prophet Muḥammad (ﷺ)] by night from al-Masjid al-Ḥarām to al-Masjid al-Aqṣā, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

Yes, that is the so called explanation, however that vague Koranic reference to Moehamid being swept up in the night and "transported to some far off mosque" just doesn't hold water. First off there was no mosque there before Moehammed died, and besides, try as Islam may to stack that up against the hundreds of references in Jewish biblical texts to the actual PHYSICAL place where the first Temple stood, with descriptions by eye witnesses (both Jewish and Roman); all of the historical context-----and MODERN scientific archeology PROVING the Jewish Temple preceded by centuries the Dome of the Rock...

The entire Muslim explanation smacks of mythology. Which is why the Muslims are continually doing everything they can on the Temple Mount to erase Jewish history and destroy countless arechelogial indications which pretty much disprove the Muslim narrative as it applied to historical Jerusalem.

Yes, that is the so called explanation, however that vague Koranic reference to Moehamid being swept up in the night and "transported to some far off mosque" just doesn't hold water. First off there was no mosque there before Moehammed died, and besides, try as Islam may to stack that up against the hundreds of references in Jewish biblical texts to the actual PHYSICAL place where the first Temple stood, with descriptions by eye witnesses (both Jewish and Roman); all of the historical context-----and MODERN scientific archeology PROVING the Jewish Temple preceded by centuries the Dome of the Rock...

The entire Muslim explanation smacks of mythology. Which is why the Muslims are continually doing everything they can on the Temple Mount to erase Jewish history and destroy countless arechelogial indications which pretty much disprove the Muslim narrative as it applied to historical Jerusalem.
This topic is about Israel today and how it treats Palestinians according to an Israeli human rights report.

This topic is about Israel today and how it treats Palestinians according to an Israeli human rights report.

The Palestinian plight is directly tied to the Palestinians wanting to eradicate the entire state of Israel and the Jewish people from the middle east, if not from the face of the earth.

How exactly should Israel treat a people who are vowed to kill you?

The irony in all of this is that other Arab states have grown weary of the Palestineans too. They cause a lot of problems in Jordan, Egypt and other places as well.

vague Koranic reference
It states the place clearly. You attacking the story (while apparently supporting the Biblical side... Ever read it?) is just evading the point. I'm simply proving you were wrong. You can keep making up other issues, but the fact is, you claimed it isn't mentioned and it is.
“The name al-Masjid al-Aqsa was historically applied to the entire sanctuary (al-Haram al-Shareef) and the buildings in it,(...) The mosque which is the place of prayer is not the Dome of the Rock, (...) the name of the mosque was historically applied to the whole plateau. (...) the words of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) in Majmoo’at al-Rasaa’il al-Kubra, 2/61: “Al-Masjid al-Aqsa is the name for the whole of the place of worship built by Sulaymaan (peace be upon him).

The Palestinian plight is directly tied to the Palestinians wanting to eradicate the entire state of Israel and the Jewish people from the middle east, if not from the face of the earth.

How exactly should Israel treat a people who are vowed to kill you?

The irony in all of this is that other Arab states have grown weary of the Palestineans too. They cause a lot of problems in Jordan, Egypt and other places as well.
Your allegation has nothing to do with B'Tselem's human rights report.

The UN did not own Palestine and had no right to partition the territory giving so much land to the Jews. Neither could the UN decide who could be citizens of the land assigned to the Jews. To tell the indigenous Arabs that they had to move to make living room for European Jews was unjust. We are living with the consequence of this.

I was correct! Sometimes I should listen to that gut feeling

"Not rude.
Just the deep belief "YOU DON'T WANT To KNOW THE TRUTH", Jack Nicholson
Prove me wrong and gimmie a "Like". . ."

Lots presumptions and little else linking @Jean-s
with the challenged UN resolution.

ttfn
YOU get the last word.
I learned my lesson.

I was correct! Sometimes I should listen to that gut feeling
"Not rude.
Just the deep belief "YOU DON'T WANT To KNOW THE TRUTH", Jack Nicholson
Prove me wrong and gimmie a "Like". . ."

Lots presumptions and little else linking @Jean-s
with the challenged UN resolution.

ttfn
YOU get the last word.
I learned my lesson.
The Israelis have disregarded more UN Resolutions than any other nation on Earth.
"For decades, Burroughs said, India has ignored a Security Council resolution calling for a UN-supervised plebiscite in the disputed territory of Kashmir. And Israel is in violation of numerous Security Council resolutions." ... http://albionmonitor.com/0210a/copy...ndia,of numerous Security Council resolutions.

Israel is not a democracy but an “********* regime” that enforces Jewish supremacy over all the land it controls, a leading domestic rights group has alleged in a position paper bound to provoke fierce controversy.
“One organising principle lies at the base of a wide array of Israeli policies: advancing and perpetuating the supremacy of one group – Jews – over another – Palestinians,” said B’Tselem, an organisation that documents human rights violations.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...democratic-apartheid-regime-says-rights-group

1463901-1516813363.jpg

Israeli flags flutter atop a building in Jerusalem's old city next to the Dome of the Rock mosque situated in the al-Aqsa mosque compound in East Jerusalem

This is neither news nor disputable to non-Israelis who were routinely accused of being antisemitic at such an accusation but this time it is made by an Israeli human rights group whose members might be called self-hating Jews for publishing such a condemnation of Israeli policy. The Israelis boast of being the only democratic country in the Middle East and this should always be contradicted by any commentator on Israeli policy.
Why did you star out apartheid?

That word is forbidden on DebatePolitics.
Seriously? Only in relationship to Israel I imagine. I wonder if I should turn myself in...

It states the place clearly. You attacking the story (while apparently supporting the Biblical side... Ever read it?) is just evading the point. I'm simply proving you were wrong. You can keep making up other issues, but the fact is, you claimed it isn't mentioned and it is.

We would never resolve the discrepancies in religious texts here on this forum. All I said was that the Temple mount IS the most sacred site in Judaism, always has been, and is the EXACT place CLEARLY mentioned hundreds of time WITH exacting DETAIL within the Jewish texts.

You can claim the SINGLE vague reference in the Koran to be representing the same location (Temple Mount) which in the Hebrew texts is very specific about if you wish to. But still there is no archaeological or other corroborating historical recored to substantiate the Muslim claims to Judaism's most sacred site.

IF Islam has that archaeological or other proof, we would love to see it. However all we have seen by the Muslims who have control over that site under the "status quo" agreement between Israel and Jordan post 6th day war, has been Muslims removing or otherwise attempting to eradicate all archeological evidence which refutes their claims, while supporting Judaism's claims.

The world KNOWS exactly where the Jewish Temple once stood, the same way we the world knows where the Roman city of Pompei once stood. SCIENCE (archeology) and HISTORY (verifiable non biased eye witnesses accounts) provide us with these facts. Facts and REALITY which Islam is incapable or unwilling to accept.

1edbfe413901f7706c1cc75507e85d56.jpg

Jerusalem_Temple_Warning_Inscription_Photo_Wikimedia_commons.jpg

That's not all you said. What you also said was

Please explain how Moehamid could be mystically transported to Mosque that didn't even exist at the time of his "dream"?

The fact is that for centuries Muslims conceded that the Temple Mount was where Solomon's Temple stood. Muslim literature is full of examples, especially while the area was still under Ottoman control. But in the decades after WW1 they began to change their tune as Jews began to press more and more to return to their land. And by the time of State of Israel, the Waqf was pretty much claiming there was NEVER a Jewish Temple there, or a Jewish presence.

Israel is not a democracy but an “********* regime” that enforces Jewish supremacy over all the land it controls, a leading domestic rights group has alleged in a position paper bound to provoke fierce controversy.
“One organising principle lies at the base of a wide array of Israeli policies: advancing and perpetuating the supremacy of one group – Jews – over another – Palestinians,” said B’Tselem, an organisation that documents human rights violations.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...democratic-apartheid-regime-says-rights-group

1463901-1516813363.jpg

Israeli flags flutter atop a building in Jerusalem's old city next to the Dome of the Rock mosque situated in the al-Aqsa mosque compound in East Jerusalem

This is neither news nor disputable to non-Israelis who were routinely accused of being antisemitic at such an accusation but this time it is made by an Israeli human rights group whose members might be called self-hating Jews for publishing such a condemnation of Israeli policy. The Israelis boast of being the only democratic country in the Middle East and this should always be contradicted by any commentator on Israeli policy.

And the solution has always been to try to exterminate all Jews. While there can be Muslim nations, Christian nations, Muslim nations, Hindu nations and atheist nations - there absolutely may not be even a tiny Jewish nation.

And the solution has always been to try to exterminate all Jews. While there can be Muslim nations, Christian nations, Muslim nations, Hindu nations and atheist nations - there absolutely may not be even a tiny Jewish nation.
What you wrote is untrue but it is off-topic so I will not respond to your perception of history and thereby contribute to a derailment of the thread which has to do with a report of B'Tselem which states that Israel is not democratic but is instead an "********* regime".

A word of historical and political significance, I wonder what they are worried about. Take care.
Oh! I think you can take it that the word offends pro-Israel members, mrjjurrs.

Please explain how Moehamid could be mystically transported to Mosque that didn't even exist at the time of his "dream"?
First of all, it wasn't a dream. Secondly, I already did.
It also says in al-Mawsoo’ah (3/23): “The Dome of the Rock is situated in the middle of the plateau of al-Masjid al-Aqsa, which is in the southeastern part of the city of al-Quds (Jerusalem). It is a spacious rectangular plateau which measures 480 meters from north to south, and 300 meters from east to west. This plateau occupies approximately one-fifth of the area of the Old City of Jerusalem. The mosque which is the place of prayer is not the Dome of the Rock, but because pictures of the Dome are so widespread, many Muslims think when they see it that this is the mosque. This is not in fact the case. The Mosque is situated in the southern portion of the plateau, and the Dome is built on the raised rock that is situated in the middle of the plateau. We have already seen above that the name of the mosque was historically applied to the whole plateau.
Masjid is the Arabic word for mosque. However, while the term mosque has come to mean a building specifically for prayer the word masjid has retained several layers of meaning. In the very literal sense, masjid means place of prostration. The Arabic word comes from the root “sa-ja-da” meaning to prostrate.
And by the time of State of Israel, the Waqf was pretty much claiming there was NEVER a Jewish Temple there, or a Jewish presence.
Oh really? Link?

The perplexing thing is that Muslims believe that the jews received revelation from God. So it should be no problem to Muslims that Jews worshipped here or there, unless Islam teaches that they did not or should not. On the contrary, the Jews could well make an issue of Muslims worshipping there since they don't believe Islam is from God. And aren't you specifically saying that the place is for the Jews and not for Muslims? It is almost as if you're accusing others of what you yourself are doing.

Frankly I'm amazed that the BBC is covering this!

" Israel has the highest rate of Covid-19 vaccination per person in the world while the Palestinian territories have barely started to roll out vaccines.
So what is the situation in the West Bank and Gaza - regarded as occupied territories by the international community - and why are they not vaccinating people against coronavirus? ..."

Frankly I'm amazed that the BBC is covering this!

" Israel has the highest rate of Covid-19 vaccination per person in the world while the Palestinian territories have barely started to roll out vaccines.
So what is the situation in the West Bank and Gaza - regarded as occupied territories by the international community - and why are they not vaccinating people against coronavirus? ..."

If Israel doesn't assist in the vaccination programme for Palestinians more of them will die with the added bonus that Israel can blame the pandemic itself, along with blaming the palestinians themselves, and all of a sudden many more Palestinians will have died than needed to which is less palestinians to concern yourself with.

Back
Top Bottom