• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is wellfare today un-American?

Wellfare... Is it un-American

• Total voters
I would rather my hard earned dollars not have the prefix "tax" in front of them.

And that means they shouldn't be stolen from me to bride either big business or little lazybones.

Most workers are NOT lazy. Some poeple cannot work for medical reasons and need that help. It's not right to call them lazy. That is a bull**** republican rhetoric passed by greedy business owners who do not deserve to be called "Americans" because they are the most un-American people on the planet.

tell us vader-what causes your almost hysterical hard on for business owners. Lumping all together is rather silly IMHO

tell us vader-what causes your almost hysterical hard on for business owners. Lumping all together is rather silly IMHO

A fair question. I dislike big business because it is inherently corrupt. Businesses are allowed to do whatever to whoever without consequences. The laws of this country do not protect the American worker from these big business scumbags. The laws that claim to help American workers are vauge, inconsistant, and often manipulated by big business scumbags who do believe the should be subject to them.

Republicans do nothing but pander and teabag these big business scrumsuckers. Republicans (for the most part) are the tools used by business owners to avoid responsibility for their actions. This is the root of my extreme loathing of Republicans. In life, Republicans have only caused misery and suffering.

I answered your question because I felt, as someone who debates with you much of the time, it might help you to understand where I come from and why I think as I do.

you opinion not shared but I give you credit. you answered directly and i am sure you believe this. I respect that even if I don't agree with it.

Great response! :bravo:

Your heart is in the correct place, and I DO agree with you. BUT.... myself living in Chicago I must say there are MANY here that abuse and steal from the ones that have.

That being said I dont know how the homeless DONT have welfare.
They NEED it! I dont know how one GETS welfare, but there are folks that need it and DONT have it, and ones that HAVE it and dont need it.

Of course most workers aren't lazy.

That's why they're called "workers".

It's perfectly right to call people who won't work, lazy.

It's what the word "lazy" means.

As for those who can't work, if they don't wish to be lumped in with the lazy ones, they have to start campaigning vigorously to stop the transfer of wealth from the workers to the lazy.

Also, those who DO work would feel more charitable towards those that CAN'T work if those who WON'T work weren't handed the money stolen from those who WORK for it. Chew on that one for a while.

Speaking of robots and cliches, why did you just claim all business owners are "greedy" in your post complaining about your perception that not all welfare parasites are lazy?

Last edited:

There are a lot of qualifiers for getting welfare, and welfare isn't a single program. Welfare is basically any public assistance program. You have to be able to maneuver through the bureaucracy in order to get it. I'm starting to be of the opinion that we should have some kind of official to help educate people on which government programs they can qualify for. If their taxes pay for it, then they should know which programs that they pay for they are eligible for.

As for the homeless, many of them are mentally ill, and so don't know enough on how to help themselves. This isn't a homeless problem but rather a mental illness problem. For that, we need social workers to reach out to them and provide mental health services. But good luck convincing people to pay taxes to help out others with conditions they can't help having.

What is the static German culture, or static French culture?

Income redistribution-fueled as a way for dem politicians to gain office and with it power and wealth-is going to destroy this nation

A ten second emotional response, via quick text, from the turtledude..
This question deserves better.
Why not do some research, better yet, talk with a welfare recipient?
I have been there(welfare line), its degrading... I'd rather starve, I think.

Last edited:
*******For that, we need social workers to reach out to them and provide mental health services. But good luck convincing people to pay taxes to help out others with conditions they can't help having.*******
And with so many Ebenezer Scrooges around, this is not likely to improve.

A ten second emotional response, via quick text, from the turtledude..
This question deserves better.
Why not do some research, better yet, talk with a welfare recipient?
I have been there(welfare line), its degrading... I'd rather starve, I think.

I did felony arraignments for several years.

Try again

so you equate generosity with voting up the taxes of others?

I do NOT want one single dime of my taxpayer money to pay lazy people who won't work. Almost anyone can get a job. Why should they when the stupid government will pay them NOT TO WORK for TWO YEARS?!!

It is clear someone is unaware of our current jobmarket

I don't think accepting welfare is unAmerican.

But I think those people who make a career out of welfare have clouded the initiative beyond redemption. When teen-aged girls in inner cities have job objectives that include having a baby and getting a check, we've obviously done something wrong with the system. When inner-city families lack dads because it'll cut back or eliminate public assistance, and we're destroying families with our programs, something is wrong with the system. When single moms on public assistance are allowed to be stay-at-home moms while the rest of society needs two working parents to pay their bills, something is wrong with the system.

We've truly forgotten the old saw, "Public assistance is supposed to be a hand UP, not a hand out."

I do NOT want one single dime of my taxpayer money to pay lazy people who won't work. Almost anyone can get a job. Why should they when the stupid government will pay them NOT TO WORK for TWO YEARS?!!

Unemployment benefits doesn't go to people who won't work. Unemployment benefits go to people who can't find work, usually because there's no jobs available.

And even if there were jobs available, the poor who can't afford a car may have trouble looking for a job, depending on where they live. This is because of either 1) lack of government-provided public tranpsortation in the area in which they live because the people there don't want to pay the taxes to fund it or 2) lack of federally-mandated sidewalks and bike paths on roads that the poor could use in lieu of a car.

There are lots of poor people out there willing to work a job if 1) any jobs were available and 2) they had an affordable method of getting to work or looking for jobs.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…