• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Investigators recommended disciplining Gitmo commander

ShamMol

Only Way Round is Through
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Interesting that he was not even reprimanded for the treatment.
Source

The bosses rarely get punshed.At Abi GHreb only enlisted got punshed, where were the officers that were on duty at the times of the offenses. Do you think that general would have been punished if she ha been a ,man. Its a sad fact that officers rarely get punished.

Yes but once your "Court Martialed" Military speaking, you can't get back on the force! Besides if their is even a "Bad Behavior" whether on the job, or off the job, they will be moved to other bases/stations/posts and will not get promotions. Like I said I live with Marines all alround me, I think I would know what I'm talking about! :mrgreen: Besides its about time we caught them, and charge them. They are making us look bad!

Maybe i'm outrageous and bigotted enough to think its idiotic that "making someone dance with another man" and "wearing a thong on his head" = torture now a days. This I just see as idoitic. So it degrades someone, BIG F'N DEAL. I'm against means of torture like stretching someone, cutting body parts off, inserting things into the body, and other such things. But give me a break, this stuff is torture? Let me guess, we should keep people in nice little cells, maybe give them some internet access, constant 68 degree rooms, maybe some satallite TV down there since cable probably isn't good, and lets get some real good chef's on board to feed them as well...

Is it torture no. What do you get from these actions. The general was living out some sick fantasy he had on these prisoners. There was nothing to gain by making these prisoners do this. This incident speaks volumes on the character and mental stability of this officer. He is not fit to lead.

It is abuse. They are human beings. That should be simple enough to understand. You do unto others as you would do to yourself, no matter what they have done to you. It is a matter of simple human dignity. We can't just say-oh, they would torture and abuse us, so it's ok! That is not ok to say and never will be in my eyes.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…