• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If I was Straight, I'd have to Get Gay

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If I was Straight, I'd have to Get Gay:

Maybe I should go get some, nah, too messy, I'd screw it up and get in trouble.

Now look at that face, isn't that the look of central scrutinizer itself?

1708612116604.png

View attachment 67493995

Of course it's on their list. It's right up there with overturning IVF and birth control. Obviously these are the issues that will improve America. :rolleyes:

**** Alito. We’re not giving up what we fought for.

View attachment 67493995

This is a bizarre attempt to connect to completely unrelated things.

The questions you ask in jury selection are not based on who has the right to marry.

I remember serving on a jury and I was asked about my views on chiropractic I was removed because I said it was garbage and chiropractors are really just masseuses not doctors.

Overturning Hodges would have no effect on this whatsoever.

People should be recused if they have a biased toward either the defendant or the plaintiff in a trial.

He whining because people call conservative Christians bigots.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito is expressing concern that Americans who hold what he calls “traditional religious views” on homosexuality and refuse to hide them are being labeled as “bigots.” The Bush-appointed 73-year old jurist with a history of anti-LGBTQ opinions has been called the Court’s “staunchest opponent of LGBTQ rights.”
As The New Republic reports, “Alito is complaining that people who oppose homosexuality were being unfairly branded as bigots, despite that being a dictionary definition of bigotry.”

On Tuesday, agreeing the Court should not take a case, Alito wrote he is “concerned” that a lower court’s reasoning “may spread.”

He notes that the lower court “reasoned that a person who still holds traditional religious views on questions of sexual morality is presumptively unfit to serve on a jury in a case involving a party who is a lesbian.”

In that case, several jurors who acknowledged they held anti-LGBTQ views were released from serving on the trial.

“That holding exemplifies the danger that I anticipated in Obergefell v. Hodges … namely, that Americans who do not hide their adherence to traditional religious beliefs about homosexual conduct will be ‘labeled as bigots and treated as such’ by the government.'”

Of course it's on their list. It's right up there with overturning IVF and birth control. Obviously these are the issues that will improve America. :rolleyes:
Ya, more progeny to mate with the refugees.

He whining because people call conservative Christians bigots.

It dumber than that. He's whining because lawyers are making jury selections based on bias which is what jury selection is about.

I was not selected for a jury because I didn't believe chiropractic was real medicine.

This is a bizarre attempt to connect to completely unrelated things.

The questions you ask in jury selection are not based on who has the right to marry.

I remember serving on a jury and I was asked about my views on chiropractic I was removed because I said it was garbage and chiropractors are really just masseuses not doctors.

Overturning Hodges would have no effect on this whatsoever.

People should be recused if they have a biased toward either the defendant or the plaintiff in a trial.
Without the happy ending.

Back
Top Bottom