• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I used to respect Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell

paul342160

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Why do distinguished politicians like Senator McConnell endorse someone
like donald Adolf Jesus Vladimir trump who insulted him and his wife?

A former friend for 40 years insulted me in front of three fellow professionals two months ago
He would need to apologize to me in front of these three people before I would renew my
friendship with him..

I don't insult my friends. because I value their friendships.

Yeah, Trump really scares them to death. They are too afraid to defend themselves. I've never seen anything like it. It's ugly.

I've always considered McConnell to be a political animal with few scruples. He will happily lie and 'adjust' his morals to fit the political situation. Maybe that comes with the position he held, but I really feel that him moving on is good for the country. That's assuming of course that his Senate colleagues don't appoint a maga crazy to replace him. Someone with some consistent morals and straight talking would be good. Not likely to find one like that unfortunately.

A former friend for 40 years insulted me in front of three fellow professionals two months ago
He would need to apologize to me in front of these three people before I would renew my
friendship with him..

Mitch knows the Republican party is no longer the party he once knew. But given how badly he has rat-****ed this country for plutocratic causes over the years, it's not like he could ever have a home in the Democratic party.

That's how the authoritarian form of republicanism eventually consumes itself. It leans into culture war and ideology, but eventually creates a culture war movement that demands ideological and social purity over everything else.

The conservatives who just want the rich people to control it all lose control of the system but are bound to it because, in the end, they just want wealth and status, which they can continue to have as long as they just keep their mouths shut and stay in the background. That's what happened in Nazi Germany. That's how it worked in Putin's Russia. Until it didn't.

friendship with him..

McConnell is in many ways worse than Trump and has sown the seeds for our country to be fundamentally transformed from what it always has been by selling out the judicial system to corporate interests who have learned to use a bastardized form of Christianity to control much of the population, which has evolved into a racist populist mess.

He is not someone to admire.

friendship with him..

Mitch knows it's not show friends, it is show business.

Integrity isn't going to do him any good from the grave, he may as well use it up while he still can.

McConnell is in many ways worse than Trump and has sown the seeds for our country to be fundamentally transformed from what it always has been by selling out the judicial system to corporate interests who have learned to use a bastardized form of Christianity to control much of the population, which has evolved into a racist populist mess.

He is not someone to admire.

I agree with most of your post except that he is "worse than Trump". IMO no one in recent political history has been worse than the orange one.

He's become America's version of Hindenburg.

Back
Top Bottom