• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High alert in U.S. after suspicious packages found in UK

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

LINK

FoxNews is asking if this is a dry run for a bombing attack:

LINK

Something tells me the next attack will not only involve different targets simultaneously in the U.S., but around the world as well.

I think they're crippled in terms of a large scale single attack, but many smaller attacks simultaneously or over a short period of time will always be within their means.

Why would they be targetting this election time? Let your cynical mind wander.

According to headline news (sitting in Memphis airport, killing time before my flight), 13 additional packages (all originating in Yemen) have been identified. All on cargo flights.

What a great day to be flying....

According to headline news (sitting in Memphis airport, killing time before my flight), 13 additional packages (all originating in Yemen) have been identified. All on cargo flights.

What a great day to be flying....

Hit the airport bar for a few. I don't envy your flying today.

Some good news --- the Philly airport found NO explosives. Not sure what they found but they know it doesn't go boom.

UPDATE: No Explosives on Planes in Philly, Newark...

The plot went soured, so they tell you another phase of story.

So much for the hoax.

Yemen: Woman suspected of mailing bombs released
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
10/31/2010 22:01

Yemen: Woman suspected of mailing bombs released

Let me see if I understand this. We're supposed to be scared of these terrorist bogeymen... because some "suspicious packages" were found. Not because actual bombs or anything dangerous was found. Just, because of suspicion. When there is real danger that could have been prevented, then I'll be scared.

Not sure what any of this has to do with voting, though. Last I checked, Jihadists aren't affiliated with any US political parties.

UPS Yemen Bomb Scare is a Hoax BBC Confirms NO Explosives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXb9NWPtcw&sns

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…