• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High alert in U.S. after suspicious packages found in UK

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
CNN said:
(CNN) -- Cargo planes and trucks in several U.S. cities were inspected Friday after investigators found suspicious packages in at least two locations abroad, law enforcement sources with detailed knowledge of the investigation said.

U.S. officials believe that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, commonly referred to as AQAP, is behind the plot.

One suspicious package, found in the United Kingdom, contained a "manipulated" toner cartridge but tested negative for explosive material, the source said. It led to heightened inspection of arriving cargo flights in Newark, New Jersey, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and a UPS truck in New York.

The package had white powder on it as well as wires and a circuit board, a law-enforcement source said; someone shipped it from Sanaa, Yemen, with a final destination of Chicago, Illinois. A similar package has been discovered in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, the source said.

Investigators were looking for a "possible nexus to terrorism," a U.S. official said.

LINK

FoxNews is asking if this is a dry run for a bombing attack:

Fox News said:
DEVELOPING: Authorities are methodically sweeping and clearing cargo flights that were held at U.S. airports in Newark and Philadelphia after foreign law enforcement agencies reported finding suspicious packages from Yemen in London and Dubai.

Law enforcement agencies are investigating whether packages found on UPS planes at Philadelphia International Airport, Newark Airport, East Midlands airport in central England, two UPS truck in New York City, and a FedEx facility in Dubai were part of a dry run mail bomb plot.
LINK

Something tells me the next attack will not only involve different targets simultaneously in the U.S., but around the world as well.

I think they're crippled in terms of a large scale single attack, but many smaller attacks simultaneously or over a short period of time will always be within their means.

Why would they be targetting this election time? Let your cynical mind wander.

According to headline news (sitting in Memphis airport, killing time before my flight), 13 additional packages (all originating in Yemen) have been identified. All on cargo flights.

What a great day to be flying....

According to headline news (sitting in Memphis airport, killing time before my flight), 13 additional packages (all originating in Yemen) have been identified. All on cargo flights.

What a great day to be flying....

Hit the airport bar for a few. I don't envy your flying today.

Some good news --- the Philly airport found NO explosives. Not sure what they found but they know it doesn't go boom.

UPDATE: No Explosives on Planes in Philly, Newark...

The plot went soured, so they tell you another phase of story.

Yemen says UPS planes never take off or land in it

[30/October/2010]

SANA'A, Oct. 30 (Saba) – No UPS cargo planes left Yemen to other countries in the last days and there are no direct flights from Yemen to the United Kingdom or the United States, a Yemeni official said, after allegations that British and U.S. officials had found suspicious packages on planes that originated in Yemen.

The official wondered how the media mentioned the name of Yemen reporting that an explosive device was found onboard a cargo plane that landed in London coming from Yemen.

UPS planes never land or take off in Yemen, the official made clear.

Saba Net - Yemen news agency

So much for the hoax.

Yemen: Woman suspected of mailing bombs released
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
10/31/2010 22:01

Yemen: Woman suspected of mailing bombs released

THE UPS TERROR FLIGHT FROM YEMEN THAT NEVER WAS!

Obama's "scare the Americans into voting Democratic" plan is already in trouble. The official story on Friday October 29th was that an unnamed ally issued a warning for British authorities to be on the lookout for a suspicious package sent from Yemen to Great Britain on a UPS flight. A search of the UPS flighty on the ground in Britain yielded a package containing a printer toner cartridge sprayed with a white substance that looks like plastic Christmas tree snow.

To make the "toner cartridge of death" look even scarier, a circuit board was attached to the outside with wires. Careful analysis of the card itself suggests it is a circuit card from a TV set, most likely the tuner, circa 1980s

THE UPS TERROR FLIGHT FROM YEMEN THAT NEVER WAS! | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Let me see if I understand this. We're supposed to be scared of these terrorist bogeymen... because some "suspicious packages" were found. Not because actual bombs or anything dangerous was found. Just, because of suspicion. When there is real danger that could have been prevented, then I'll be scared.

Not sure what any of this has to do with voting, though. Last I checked, Jihadists aren't affiliated with any US political parties.

UPS Yemen Bomb Scare is a Hoax BBC Confirms NO Explosives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXb9NWPtcw&sns

Obama lies about the Bomb at Midlands UK airport, BBC don't even try to hide it. As the producer in V for Vendetta says "It's not our job to make up the news, that's the governments"

The FAKE bomb attack comes 4 days before the Midterms, and 3 days after British Airways said security was to tight and that naked body scanners were too intrusive, how convenient for those America scanner makers that this story would break.

Back
Top Bottom