• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'Hang Mike Pence': Twitter stops phrase trending after Capitol riot

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Chant was heard in the US Capitol on Wednesday as pro-Trump mob, incited by the president, stormed the building

Twitter stopped the phrase “Hang Mike Pence” trending on Saturday, but not before it trended on the social media platform in the aftermath of the company’s decision to suspend Donald Trump’s account.

3400.jpg

Police arrest more Capitol rioters as details of violence and brutality emerge

The chant was heard in the US Capitol on Wednesday, as a mob incited by the president mounted a putsch, roaming the halls, confronting law enforcement and in some cases apparently planning to kidnap lawmakers.

Jim Bourg, a Reuters picture editor in Washington, said on Twitter: “I heard at least three different rioters at the Capitol say that they hoped to find Vice-President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor. It was a common line being repeated. Many more were just talking about how the VP should be executed.”
===========================================================
Trump's attempted coup got very nasty & not only on social media. I expect more unrest on Jan. 20.

Tis is why Pence will never pardon this evil bastard.

domestic terrorism.
Attempted coup. This gang of thugs thought they were storming the Bastille.
One or the other.

Some are acting like this was a protest that just got a little out of hand.

Bull crap.

If you are in a group....and people are going on about revolution and hanging the VP and going after Pelosi (etc) You get away from the volatile situation. When you are in an angry protest and you see people beside you carrying weapons of any sort (especially illegally) you go the other way.

They all had choices. They all made choices. And all involved in the murder of the officer should be brought to justice. Those promoting sedition up to and including POTUS should be legally handled.

I mean seriously.....does anybody think that Trump's behavior had nothing to do with how this insurrection occurred?

It is funny,,,many are quick to say Trump was the first POTUS in decades not to get us into a war.......who needs war when he pushes his minions into battle?

One or the other.

Bull crap.

If you are in a group....and people are going on about revolution and hanging the VP and going after Pelosi (etc) You get away from the volatile situation. When you are in an angry protest and you see people beside you carrying weapons of any sort (especially illegally) you go the other way.

They all had choices. They all made choices. And all involved in the murder of the officer should be brought to justice. Those promoting sedition up to and including POTUS should be legally handled.

I mean seriously.....does anybody think that Trump's behavior had nothing to do with how this insurrection occurred?

It is funny,,,many are quick to say Trump was the first POTUS in decades not to get us into a war.......who needs war when he pushes his minions into battle?
It may not be a war with another country , but how about a civil war?
we haven't had President push us into a civil war in over a hundred years ( another * to add to Trump's name )
Have a nice evening

I read that Alex Jones led them from the "rally" to the "protest," not the guy that said he would.

Wouldn't that be something if Trump had, and then went after Pence in the Capitol Building? Some Trump supporters would probably try to downplay that, too.

One or the other.

Bull crap.

I mean, if a mob kills a cop and plants explosives while attempting to stop the certification of the Electoral College vote, I think that one has left behind the mere confines of rioting.

Simple question. Do you support the violent insurrection at the United States Capital or not?
you wont get an answer. He's too chicken shit to answer. He's "independent?" more like Independent extremist!

you wont get an answer. He's too chicken shit to answer. He's "independent?" more like Independent extremist!

Well, I hope he answers because it's pretty sad and pathetic to be ashamed of your own beliefs.

I mean, if a mob kills a cop and plants explosives while attempting to stop the certification of the Electoral College vote, I think that one has left behind the mere confines of rioting.
I mean it is not as serious as POTUS wanting a photo op with a Bible ,

I mean it is not as serious as POTUS wanting a photo op with a Bible ,
Oh, well that's serious business. Tear gas a crowd for that, the Don needs a photo with a Bible.

White supremacists have always been the greatest terrorism threat in America--from the KKK, to the bombing of the Oklahoma City Fed Bldg, to Trump's Capitol riot.

Oh, well that's serious business. Tear gas a crowd for that, the Don needs a photo with a Bible.
He held the Bible upside down so God in heaven could read the title easier. Donald is thoughtful that way ;)

Back
Top Bottom