• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GySgt - Your Marine Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSgt

Read Some Books
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, the best way to understand where a person is coming from is to look into that person’s history…….

I was raised as a military brat in a Marine household. I grew up on military bases in North Carolina, Ohio, the Philippines, and Okinawa. In fact, I even graduated from High School in 1990 from Kubasaki H.S. Okinawa, Japan.

In 1992, I enlisted in the Marine Corps and shipped to Paris Island, SC. Upon graduation, I moved onto the School of Infantry and then onto Communications School. After Boot Camp and my Primary Schools, I was stationed at my first Duty Station – Camp Lejeune, NC. In 1993 my Battalion formed the Battalion Landing Team for the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operations Capable (MEUSOC). We hit the sea and headed to Kuwait in support of “Operation: Southern Watch,” but quickly wound up in Somalia participating in “Operations: Restore Hope and Continue Hope.” After our return to the States, we took our turn in the “Air Alert” rotation and were activated for Haiti, where we spent a week safe guarding the American Embassy. One year later in 1994, we participated in the Joint Task Force–160 (JTF-160) in support of “Operation: Sea Signal” in Cuba and Haiti. In 1995, we deployed to Okinawa for a brief stay that involved training in South Korea and the Philippines. After returning stateside, I executed orders to my new duty station. While at this unit I deployed to the Caribbean in support of “Operations: Fundamental Response” and “Able Provider” in 1998. This was for hurricane relief after the destruction suffered in Puerto Rico, Cuba, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic. In the year 2000, I again executed orders to the 7th Marine Regiment in 29 Palms, CA. In 2001, my unit deployed to Egypt to participate in the International training exercise “Bright Star.” This is an exercise that Egypt hosts every two years and involves our European, Asian, and Middle Eastern allies. In 2003, we headed to Kuwait and took the lead across the border for “Operation: Iraqi Freedom.” In the beginning of 2004, we again headed back to Iraq for an extended tour of duty in support of “Operation: Iraqi Freedom II.” At the end of 2004, I executed orders to Marine Forces Command (MARFORCOM). My job was to ensure message traffic from the CIA, DIA, Pentagon, and international sources were correctly routed to their destinations around the Marine Corps as well as support the unit General staff. I received my last orders at the end of 2007, and I came back to 29 Palms, CA. This time, I am an instructor at the Communincations and Electronics School for the senior courses.

That is my briefly summarized professional life, thus far. My personal life involves a constant pursuit of my Bachelors degree in History. It involves a fascination and a decade long and ongoing study into the Middle East, terrorism, anti-terrorism, and Religious radicalism. It involves the joys of motorcycle riding, weapons handling, and frequent trips to the Cinema. However, after all is said and done, all of this is shadowed in the light of two special little girls.

I lean Conservative, but I have middle ground views on most things. I vote pro-military. My goal on this site is to be as fair as possible, while encouraging the spirit of free thought and expression. However, while sarcasm helps keep an individual from telling people what they really think of them, one can take such tactics too far (I know all about this). This is where members tend to lose sight of their individual responsibilities of being a part of an open Forum of debate. I hope to be successful in maintaining what so many have come here for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom