• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Funding police martial arts programs

Andyh2299

National Mentor
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Most PDs seem to have trouble taking on assailants in melee. You see horror videos of two girl cops trying to take own a grown man and that video of the two cops getting their ass handed to them by Rayshard Brooks which he was shot later on. I think communities should find martial arts programs for their officers immediately, if you are a mayor or major town leader please consider bringing up the ideas, donating and making policy etc.

Most PDs seem to have trouble taking on assailants in melee. You see horror videos of two girl cops trying to take own a grown man and that video of the two cops getting their ass handed to them by Rayshard Brooks which he was shot later on. I think communities should find martial arts programs for their officers immediately, if you are a mayor or major town leader please consider bringing up the ideas, donating and making policy etc.
I think money would be better spent on de-escalation training.

Couldn't hurt to have less lethal ways of handling criminals examined.

I think Trump, once reinstated or reelected, can invite Steven Seagal back to the US, pending Putin's approval, to create a national institute focused on training our cops with his bad-ass skills, or TOCBAS.

Witness this famous Seagal demonstration:

Once trained, our cops would hardly need firearms though, naturally, they'd have many to shoot-down fleeing assailants or execute drug dealers as Trump aptly suggests.

MAGA.

Last edited:
I would think in most cases the police officer is sucker punched. Martial arts will not stop such an attack.

The average criminal thinks he's manly man and needs to be told otherwise
Ummm no. Not necessarily. Police dont know how to de escalate things and often escalate even protests into riots.

The average criminal thinks he's manly man and needs to be told otherwise
True, however this is best deescaleted by having the officers reputation precede them both in that the accused will be treated fairly by the officer and that the officer is exceptionally competent with their tools of the trade.

The cops'd still have to have guts.
Giving cowards more tools won't help.

give the cops some guts and force them to take responsibility for their **** ups
then they will all of a sudden learn to de-escalate situations

Back
Top Bottom