• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

France withdraws from Mali

I will still say this from the words of my friends... but as far as I know, this way out is not Paris' own will, but the insistence of Mali itself. For many years of its presence, in particular military, Paris has not had any impact on the stabilization in Mali, where, despite the presence of the French military for years, the country is always in a state of war, either because of the civil war, or because of terrorists... At the same time, Paris openly monopolized the entire mining industry of Mali, but did not bring peace to the country.

I will still say this from the words of my friends... but as far as I know, this way out is not Paris' own will, but the insistence of Mali itself. For many years of its presence, in particular military, Paris has not had any impact on the stabilization in Mali, where, despite the presence of the French military for years, the country is always in a state of war, either because of the civil war, or because of terrorists... At the same time, Paris openly monopolized the entire mining industry of Mali, but did not bring peace to the country.
What are your sources? I don't doubt France is terrible at peacekeeping, but what backs up this claim?

France withdraws from Mali - and from Niger​

Back
Top Bottom