• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four more years of trump.

Of course, it is a crazy old man question.

You said this exactly: "How many people should have died? Give us a number and a scientific explanation for that number."

That question has crazy written all over it.

This isn't the Matrix. We don't live in some alternate reality.

Now if we step out of Crazyville for a minute, any rational, reasonable person can look at two things: (1) a pandemic that has killed 230,000 Americans (and counting); and (2) Trump's downplaying of the virus, discouraging use of masks, and lying to the American people. They can put those two things together, and they can say, "The federal government should have done so much more. The lack of response caused the deaths of many of those Americans. That's Trump's fault."

If all you've got are fantasyland questions that can only be answered by Doc Emmett Brown from Back to the Future, the takeaway people will have is:

That guy asks Crazy Old Man Questions.

This is the type of mindless, unspecific, unscientific idiocy I expect. First off, Fauci initially said the virus wasn't transmissible. So did WHO. Fauci initially said that masks weren't necessary or even that effective. So did WHO. Then they changed 180 degrees. So, which "experts" is Trump supposed to follow. the first Fauci or the second Fauci? The first WHO or the second WHO? The idea that the Federal government could have made more masks than they did, made more ventilators than they did, given more aid to the states than they did, cut off travel sooner than they did, gotten test kits faster than they did or gotten therapeutics faster than they did are all absurdities born of political partisanship and unhinged Trump hate. That is what you exhibit. The one thing we know DOES NOT work beyond any question, is lockdowns and, yet, that is the left's go-to solution.

I ask valid questions. You simply have no answers because your Trump phobia doesn't allow for them.

This is the type of mindless, unspecific, unscientific idiocy I expect. First off, Fauci initially said the virus wasn't transmissible. So did WHO. Fauci initially said that masks weren't necessary or even that effective. So did WHO. Then they changed 180 degrees. So, which "experts" is Trump supposed to follow. the first Fauci or the second Fauci? The first WHO or the second WHO? The idea that the Federal government could have made more masks than they did, made more ventilators than they did, given more aid to the states than they did, cut off travel sooner than they did, gotten test kits faster than they did or gotten therapeutics faster than they did are all absurdities born of political partisanship and unhinged Trump hate. That is what you exhibit. The one thing we know DOES NOT work beyond any question, is lockdowns and, yet, that is the left's go-to solution.

I ask valid questions. You simply have no answers because your Trump phobia doesn't allow for them.

These are more crazy old man questions. Are you serious?

The answers are easy.

You follow the second Fauci. You follow the second WHO.

You're throwing up your hands and giving up because . . . what? Because people and organizations changed their minds when they learned more about a global threat that had a death toll over a million?

Are you serious?

Frankly, it's crazy that you are asking.

A child thinks it is okay to touch a hot stove. Then he touches a hot stove, gets Covid, passes it on to grandma, and she dies. Now he thinks it is NOT OKAY to touch a hot stove anymore.

Along comes veritas1:

"So which 'kid' am I supposed to believe? The first 'kid' or the second 'kid?' And who says it is even a 'kid?'"

You believe the second kid.

You ask Crazy Old Man Questions.

These are more crazy old man questions. Are you serious?

The answers are easy.

You follow the second Fauci. You follow the second WHO.

You're throwing up your hands and giving up because . . . what? Because people and organizations changed their minds when they learned more about a global threat that had a death toll over a million?

Are you serious?

Frankly, it's crazy that you are asking.

A child thinks it is okay to touch a hot stove. Then he touches a hot stove, gets Covid, passes it on to grandma, and she dies. Now he thinks it is NOT OKAY to touch a hot stove anymore.

Along comes veritas1:

"So which 'kid' am I supposed to believe? The first 'kid' or the second 'kid?' And who says it is even a 'kid?'"

You believe the second kid.

You ask Crazy Old Man Questions.

This is about the level of discourse I'd expect. If you were 1% as outraged over China unleashing this on the world as you are about your Trump imaginings, you might make more sense. So, the bottom line is that you have NO idea how many people should have died nor ANY idea how Trump could have done any of the things I listed faster than he did or aANY idea what Biden or any other Democrat could do better. Were you indignant when 60 million got H1N1? Of course not. That was Obama.

BTW, you might need three spaces between each sentence. Most of the rest of us do not.

With the coronavirus running rampant across many states will the president's non response to it sink his chances of another term? It could mean a couple of million dead americans. Is this worth putting party in front of country?
In some ways, I kind of hope he does win. I'm a bit of a nihilist. So, maybe seeing the annihilation of the US during my final 25 years or so on this planet is not such a bad thing.

In some ways, I kind of hope he does win. I'm a bit of a nihilist. So, maybe the annihilation of the US is not such a bad thing.

It can only be annihilated if nobody is around to stop the anarchists on the left. If you think the US was being annihilated pre-pandemic, then there's not much to say.

ok sure, lets be china. your elite ruling class would love that.
Yes, because people like trump, McConnel, Barr, Pompeo, etc.. those guys aren't elitists! <--- sarcasm

You guys crack me up.

In some ways, I kind of hope he does win. I'm a bit of a nihilist. So, maybe seeing the annihilation of the US during my final 25 years or so on this planet is not such a bad thing.
You obviously don't have kids!

It can only be annihilated if nobody is around to stop the anarchists on the left. If you think the US was being annihilated pre-pandemic, then there's not much to say.
I suspect the TalibornAgain fake Christians will destroy the US much like the Islamist fundie nuts ruined Iran and Afghanistan. I've known this since the 90's when I disagreed with Fukuyama.

I suspect the TalibornAgain fake Christians will destroy the US much like the Islamist fundie nuts ruined Iran and Afghanistan. I've known this since the 90's when I disagreed with Fukuyama.

Uh huh. Right. If that's what you think, I guess you need to be looking around for a new home.

This is about the level of discourse I'd expect. If you were 1% as outraged over China unleashing this on the world as you are about your Trump imaginings, you might make more sense. So, the bottom line is that you have NO idea how many people should have died nor ANY idea how Trump could have done any of the things I listed faster than he did or aANY idea what Biden or any other Democrat could do better. Were you indignant when 60 million got H1N1? Of course not. That was Obama.

BTW, you might need three spaces between each sentence. Most of the rest of us do not.

You're really all over the place.

"So, the bottom line is that you have NO idea how many people should have died"

Should have died? What world are you living in? You ask truly insane questions.

Nobody knows how many people should have died.

We are not living in the Matrix, Back to the Future, or any other scifi movie.

"nor ANY idea how Trump could have done any of the things I listed faster than he did"

Are you serious? There have been dozens of articles written about what the federal response should have been. How is it possible that you missed them all?

In a nutshell, and just for starters, he should have done the following: (1) stopped lying to the American public about the danger, (2) stopped downplaying the danger, (3) encouraged the public to wear masks, so that the issue wouldn't become political among his dumber supporters, (4) not punt to the states, thereby forcing fifty governors to compete for scarce health equipment. And that's just for starters.

" or aANY idea what Biden or any other Democrat could do better"

Are you serious? Biden and Obama already had a pandemic response plan. Trump scrapped it.

"Were you indignant when 60 million got H1N1?"

Here's some information on how Trump and Obama responded to these various crises.

More Crazy Old Man Questions, please.

In the meantime, Trump is responsible for many of the 230,000 Covid deaths.

You're really all over the place.

"So, the bottom line is that you have NO idea how many people should have died"

Should have died? What world are you living in? You ask truly insane questions.

Nobody knows how many people should have died.

We are not living in the Matrix, Back to the Future, or any other scifi movie.

"nor ANY idea how Trump could have done any of the things I listed faster than he did"

Are you serious? There have been dozens of articles written about what the federal response should have been. How is it possible that you missed them all?

In a nutshell, and just for starters, he should have done the following: (1) stopped lying to the American public about the danger, (2) stopped downplaying the danger, (3) encouraged the public to wear masks, so that the issue wouldn't become political among his dumber supporters, (4) not punt to the states, thereby forcing fifty governors to compete for scarce health equipment. And that's just for starters.

" or aANY idea what Biden or any other Democrat could do better"

Are you serious? Biden and Obama already had a pandemic response plan. Trump scrapped it.

"Were you indignant when 60 million got H1N1?"

Here's some information on how Trump and Obama responded to these various crises.

More Crazy Old Man Questions, please.

In the meantime, Trump is responsible for many of the 230,000 Covid deaths.

Oh, so Trump should have dictated policy to the states? Yea, I can just see the MSM response to that. Look at Trump the dictator!!!! Oh, Obama had a pandemic response plan? Funny, it failed miserably against H1N1 as Ron Klain, the guy in charge said publicly. Why would we expect it to work against Covid? Oh, and thanks foir admitting that you have no clue how many people shoudld have or could have been expected to die. That being true, you have no grounds to claim that the current number is an unreasonable one under the circumstances.

Oh, so Trump should have dictated policy to the states? Yea, I can just see the MSM response to that. Look at Trump the dictator!!!! Oh, Obama had a pandemic response plan? Funny, it failed miserably against H1N1 as Ron Klain, the guy in charge said publicly. Why would we expect it to work against Covid? Oh, and thanks foir admitting that you have no clue how many people shoudld have or could have been expected to die. That being true, you have no grounds to claim that the current number is an unreasonable one under the circumstances.

Your questions are less crazy. Thank you for trying.

Trump should have done what almost every other leader in the world did and enacted a comprehensive national response, of course.

Yes, Obama had a pandemic response plan. Trump really should have followed it. Notice how you are claiming that Obama's response to H1N1 "failed miserably," where 12,469 Americans died, and yet you don't think that Trump's response to Covid failed miserably even with 230,000 dead Americans, and counting.

How your brain can maintain those two contradictory thoughts is not an exercise in intelligence.

Think about it. Your brain literally thinks that 12,469 dead under Obama is failing miserably. Your brain at the same time thinks that with 230,000 dead under Trump . . . what more could he really have done?

But your questions aren't as crazy as before.

Yes, because people like trump, McConnel, Barr, Pompeo, etc.. those guys aren't elitists! <--- sarcasm

You guys crack me up.

absolutely they are not. they are the only ones in years who have tried to do ANYTHING about it.

absolutely they are not. they are the only ones in years who have tried to do ANYTHING about it.
So people are "elitists" until they start digging up false claims on you political enemies? For you, that eliminates their "elite" status?

Fascinating :)

So people are "elitists" until they start digging up false claims on you political enemies? For you, that eliminates their "elite" status?

Fascinating :)
no, more like when there is proof they were engaged in conspiracies such as the former CIA directors own notes that a presidential candidate is running a hack job on another candidate, or the sitting VP of the US is engaging in selling influence within the their administration.

no, more like when there is proof they were engaged in conspiracies such as the former CIA directors own notes that a presidential candidate is running a hack job on another candidate, or the sitting VP of the US is engaging in selling influence within the their administration.
Right, right, right, right, right :)

Gotchya, my friend, only a few more days and this will all be over. Hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom