• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fifth Child Dies

I would prefer it if our government were better at taking care of the children it abducts.

They went south of the border, brought them here and confined them?

Funny no children died in Border custody while the black guy was president. Now there are six. We need another democrat president. Unless you love seeing kids die, that is.

Oh, c'mon, the race card? Omg. As expected. Adios.

Oh, c'mon, the race card? Omg. As expected. Adios.

Facts are not the race card. But, since your posts rarely deal in them, I can see why you have a hard time with mine.

Facts are not the race card. But, since your posts rarely deal in them, I can see why you have a hard time with mine.

So your ok with the illegal adults that died under Obama's watch.

Human Rights Watch that looked into death reviews released by ICE in June 2016 covering 18 deaths of adults who perished while under detention by U.S. immigration authorities between 2012 and 2015 (i.e., during Obama’s second term):

Keep playing what about the children ploy. How many of the "children" were already sick when they were detained?

My father died while in care of a hospital. No need to say he had a serious illness, right? Much like the "children" stories you are so concerned about.

Agreed, and according to the CDC 130 children died in America of the flu last year, where is the outrage in that. About 50% of the 130 deaths were in the hospital and the other 50% died at home.

Funny no children died in Border custody while the black guy was president. Now there are six. We need another democrat president. Unless you love seeing kids die, that is.

You do understand that these children were brought to the US already sick and malnourished right? I believe most were taken to a hospital as fast as they could be but were in such bad shape that they passed away under care or before they could get to the hospital.

How many of the "children" were already sick when they were detained?

A valid point, but this child was held in detention longer than federal law allows and he did not receive adequate medical care while there. If he hadn’t died, they were going cram a person with a contagious disease into an old Walmart with 1,400 other people. That’s a problem.

Shh..facts may cause heads to explode

They only had him 7 days before he died, He was picked up as an unaccompanied minor. Does the federal law not allow holding unaccompanied minors that long?

The converted Wal-mart seems better than tents under an overpass but I am sure it is over crowded and seems a poor choice to segregate someone with a contagious disease.

They only had him 7 days before he died, He was picked up as an unaccompanied minor. Does the federal law not allow holding unaccompanied minors that long?

Federal law requires that unaccompanied minors be placed with a DHHS facility within 72 hours. Instead he languished at a border patrol station for 7 days until he died of complications from the flu.

The converted Wal-mart seems better than tents under an overpass but I am sure it is over crowded and seems a poor choice to segregate someone with a contagious disease.

Facilities aside - we need to do better than best wishes and a packet of Tamiflu.

It seems like two med staffs really dropped the ball on diagnosis and treatment on this one. I realize the BP is swamped right now with so many refugees trying to cross the border but it seems like some of the med staff should know better than to just assign tamiflu when antibiotics are needed.

My guess is the doctors with borders are handcuffed by the Nazi regime. It would not be the first time.

So what is your solution for the number of illegals coming into the US daily?

I am going to be cold hearted. If the kid had not crossed the border illegally there would not be a problem.

Hey, it's a game and I'll play it on the base he established in the OP. That's how "debate" works sometimes. I do not believe for a second he believes his messages accusing the officers and doctors of being murderous Nazis in the slightest.

I am surprised at the personal extremely harmful vicious nature of his messages on this thread. He used to seem like a happy-go-lucky guy playful in these type threads.

Some people do become bitter hateful people when they get older lashing out at everyone verbally and/or in writing. You never know what really motivates a person when they are consumed with anger and hatred at everyone as his messages on this thread do. Maybe a doctor gave him terrible health news and because he's not rich he can't afford or or is to old too qualify for a needed procedure for which he screams doctors are murderous Nazis and he declares hatred of all of America. Maybe not. There is nothing decent about this thread topic OP Message and who is being attacked.

Last edited:
I like the OPer despite any political differences and believe him to be a good person. Hopefully his messages on this thread are over-the-top for effect or extreme exaggeration to try to make a point. In this thread on this topic those messages can not succeed in being persuasive as the core premise is false on its face in wrongful ways.

No, border patrol and American doctors are not murdering immigrant children because of their race. They are not Nazis.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…