• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exploring Zoozve a Coser Look at Venus's Quasi-Moon

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Exploring Zoozve a Coser Look at Venus's Quasi-Moon:

She's 230 meters across and follows Venus around the Sun.

2.5 football fields, that'd make a nice base.

Better ask the Venusians.

Don't ask me, I don't want to ask the Venusians for anything.

There is an interesting podcast on RadioLab about how Zoozve got it's name.

2.5 football fields, that'd make a nice base.

It's hardly a nice base if everything has to be tied down! Could be useful for minerals or water I guess.

That its solar orbit goes further out than Earth's and further in than Mercury's could I suppose make it useful for heavy freight. You could crash land the freight rather than matching orbits, but matching Venus's orbit would still be expensive. It might be useful between Earth and Mercury.

Let me guess. A now-defunct bottler of activated water made a generous donation?

I enjoyed both episodes. I was getting ready to post the same thing.

I enjoyed both episodes. I was getting ready to post the same thing.
I do a lot of driving for work so the Radiolab podcasts are a weekly thing for me.

Let me guess. A now-defunct bottler of activated water made a generous donation?
No, someone changed 2002-VE to zoozve or mistook it and then they looked it up 2002-VE and then asked the discoverer what they wanted to name it and they said Zoozve.

Pretty idiotic hey, for a moon of Venus, sounds like a lowing cattle, much like our Moo-oon.

I do a lot of driving for work so the Radiolab podcasts are a weekly thing for me.
I commute and have some work time when I'm doing some repetitive processing tasks which are conducive to listening to podcasts and audiobooks. Radiolab is one of my go to podcasts. I was sorry to see Jad and Robert move on to other things, but the current hosts are keeping up the good work, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom