• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Eucharistic Miracle in Poland [W:26]

Gathomas88

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Catholic Herald - Bleeding Host in Poland Has Hallmarks of a Eucharistic Miracle

Long story short, a Consecrated Eucharist (Communion Wafer) fell on the floor Christmas day, and subsequently began to bleed (I'm not sure if it was dropped, and then began to bleed, or was dropped because it was bleeding). A piece of the wafer was excised, and sent to a couple of medical universities for study, who claim to have found muscle tissue in the bread, from a human heart. That heart tissue shows signs of distress.

This is, of course, of extreme relevance to Roman Catholics, as we hold the Eucharist to literally be the "body and blood of Christ," in spiritual form.

I'm sure this won't convince any skeptics out there (and I'm not sure if the Vatican has weighed in yet), but it is an interesting case nonetheless. "Miracles" are regarded as being a thing of the past by most people, not something contemporary.

What'd be really cool is if they could DNA test the fragment, and find that the tissue came from a Jewish man of Middle Eastern descent. lol

Last edited:
I've heard of similar instances, the problem is, they never seem to be able to get any DNA.

Let me get this straight. With all the horrors in this world, God chooses to show himself in a cracker in Poland. Maybe he is really one of the Keebler elves.:lol:

Let me get this straight. With all the horrors in this world, God chooses to show himself in a cracker in Poland. Maybe he is really one of the Keebler elves.:lol:

A) Most of those "horrors" are pretty soundly of our own making.

B) Even horrors serve their purpose in God's plan.

If legitimate, I'd look at events like those in the OP as being a somewhat more subtle indication to the faithful that, "Yes, God is still here."

Subtle is an understatement and a far cry from the burning bush. He must be losing his touch.
I thought God made man? Now you say he makes the horrors too and it is part of his "plan"? Perhaps we should re-evaluate God's intentions then.

Subtle is an understatement and a far cry from the burning bush. He must be losing his touch.
I thought God made man? Now you say he makes the horrors too and it is part of his "plan"? Perhaps we should re-evaluate God's intentions then.

This life is a test. Like all tests, you are allowed to fail.

What do you mean "we"? You're not even a believer, are you?

What do you mean "we"? You're not even a believer, are you?

Do I believe that God choose to show himself in a pagan inspired ritual? You must be kidding.

The Pagan Origin of the Communion | People - Opposing Views

gives new meaning to the expression "Christ on a cracker"

Do I believe that God choose to show himself in a pagan inspired ritual? You must be kidding.

The Pagan Origin of the Communion | People - Opposing Views

You realize none of that is actually true, right? :roll:

There were no similarities between Christ and Mithras until centuries after Christianity had become an established religion. The Mithras cult actually ripped off Christians, not the other way around.

Dionysus, meanwhile, was conceived by Zeus whoring around (as usual), and was actually born from Zeus's thigh, after being sown into it on the death of his mother (long story). Dionysus was also the god of drunkenness and debauchery. He has nothing at all in common with Christ.

Article says the Holy See approved it.

The fact that stuff like this doesn't trigger mass conversions really shows that unbelievers are unbelievers not because of a lack of evidence, but because of unwillingness.

I've heard of similar instances, the problem is, they never seem to be able to get any DNA.

They've blood typed several of them. All AB+, same as the Shroud of Turin.

Except that wine thing...Oh and it is a falsehood that Mithra ripped off Christianity because it most certainly preceded it.

Mithra the Pagan Christ | Mithraism and Christianity | Mithras the Sun God

Except that wine thing...

The supposed connection is tenuous at best.

Again, Dionysus was a god of debauchery and drunkenness. Of course his rituals involved wine and feasting.

The Last Supper, contextually speaking, was nothing of the kind. Christ and his Apostles were celebrating the Jewish holiday of Passover.

Oh and it is a falsehood that Mithra ripped off Christianity because it most certainly preceded it.

None of which changes the fact that there is absolutely no record of "similarities" between Christ and Mithras until roughly the third or fourth centuries AD. They most likely took those ideas from Christianity, and added them into their own religion, not the other way around.

The Mithras cult was also never particularly large.

Last edited:

It, however, was pretty popular in Tarsus in the 1st century bc though the 1st century ad. Oh Guess who was from Tarsus!! OMG. Paul/Saul. I will point out that the Mithraism in Tarsus in that time period was the Persian version, not the Roman version.

Except that wine thing...Oh and it is a falsehood that Mithra ripped off Christianity because it most certainly preceded it.

Mithra the Pagan Christ | Mithraism and Christianity | Mithras the Sun God

“ We do know that Mithraism, like its mystery competitors, had a basic myth. Mithra was supposedly born when he emerged from a rock; he was carrying a knife and torch and wearing a Phrygian cap. He battled first with the sun and then with a primeval bull, thought to be the first act of creation. Mithra slew the bull, which then became the ground of life for the human race.” Nash and other scholars are unanimous in their conclusions that the so-called “similarities” between Mithra and Christ are not found prior to the advent of Christianity and the birth of Jesus. It was only after Christianity became established that pagan influences merged with and borrowed from Christianity to come up with the alleged similarities with Jesus Christ." - Scholar Ron Nash, Christianity and the Hellenistic World

Gotta say, if I found humab tissue in my crackers, i'd be making a complaint.

The fact that stuff like this doesn't trigger mass conversions really shows that unbelievers are unbelievers not because of a lack of evidence, but because of unwillingness.

In my experience, sin makes you pretty irrational. It's why I didn't accept the teaching on contraception for a while.

They've blood typed several of them. All AB+, same as the Shroud of Turin.

This to me is so amazing.

Another supposed supernatural event that is just the usual dogmatic bilge. But I bet that the tithing levels went up!

Aged blood deteriorates, and always tests as AB. Not amazing, science.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…