• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:955] End Times Prophecies: Are they lining up to be fulfilled?

People have been claiming the "end times" coming since Jesus' time. It's all just more religious nonsense. After all this time, one would think such claims have lost all meaning.
It is always tomorrow - but never today! :)
As it was so nicely said in "Alice in Wonderland".

:)

And tomorrow, it'll be the day after tomorrow. Or "soon."

Whoever wrote Revelation was mentally ill. A schizophrenic

I think the weirdest thing is the mock cannibalism. Eating the Jesus meat in the form of a cracker.
Or drinking his blood [wine].

I think the weirdest thing is the mock cannibalism. Eating the Jesus meat in the form of a cracker.
After my Lutheran confirmation at 12, in which there was also a 12 year old female who was confirmed at the same time, during our first Communion, when the Pastor read the words "Take eat; This is the true body of Christ,"
that poor gal threw up in front of the entire congregation. When she came back from cleaning up to drink the "blood" ( Mogen-David wine ), she threw up again.

Rev 16
12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

That prophecy named a particular river – the Euphrates – that will dry up.

Iraq is running out of water. Today, the Tigris and Euphrates, life-giving rivers that have nourished Iraq’s agricultural plains for over 8,000 years, are but shadows of their former selves, and the farmers that rely on them are in dire straits. In an attempt to fix the issue, Baghdad has banned most cultivation of major crops like corn and rice, pushing farmers closer to despair.

https://insidearabia.com/water-is-life-in-iraq-its-running-dry/

The Euphrates and Tigris are drying up because Turkey is building dams and diverting the waters before they can reach Iraq. Not because any angel emptied a piece of crockery.

Interesting developments in the world seems to be compatible with what is prophesied to come before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
The prophecy of Joel talks about the Middle East after Israel has come back to her land.

Joel 2

30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

Could that be a description of a nuclear blast?

When a nuclear device is exploded, a large fireball is created. Everything inside of this fireball vaporizes, including soil and water, and is carried upwards. This creates the mushroom cloud that we associate with a nuclear blast, detonation, or explosion. Radioactive material from the nuclear device mixes with the vaporized material in the mushroom cloud. As this vaporized radioactive material cools, it becomes condensed and forms particles, such as dust. The condensed radioactive material then falls back to the earth; this is what is known as fallout.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/emergencies/nuclearfaq.htm

The sun turned into darkness refers to a, “nuclear autumn?” A “nuclear winter?”

Nuclear winter is a severe and prolonged global climatic cooling effect that is hypothesized[1][2] to occur after widespread firestorms following a large-scale nuclear war.[3] The hypothesis is based on the fact that such fires can inject soot into the stratosphere, where it can block some direct sunlight from reaching the surface of the Earth. It is speculated that the resulting cooling would lead to widespread crop failure and famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Lol

🤡

^ This is crap, Jesus himself said when you see these signs you will know the end is near.

Give me the exact language where Paul allegedly forbids it.
Galatians 5.

And Jesus doesn't speak about the end of creation. He refers to the end of an age, or aeon.

You are not, as a Christian, to divine the end times. Nor are you to engage in sorceries like bibliomancy, and book divination.

In fact, the man you call mashiach is exceedingly clear about the end of the aeon: don't worry, don't try to predict or even care when.

Galatians 5.

And Jesus doesn't speak about the end of creation. He refers to the end of an age, or aeon.

You are not, as a Christian, to divine the end times. Nor are you to engage in sorceries like bibliomancy, and book divination.

In fact, the man you call mashiach is exceedingly clear about the end of the aeon: don't worry, don't try to predict or even care when.

Wrong on all counts. I dont know where you got this stuff from but it isn't from the Bible I know of.

Wrong on all counts. I dont know where you got this stuff from but it isn't from the Bible I know of.

Stop the presses! Mr. bible expert has spoken. But he presents nothing but his negative opinion. Just take his word for it. That is all.

I have discussed this with you in good faith. The very least you can do is try to do more than mutter, "nope, not true, neener neener."

So, let's back up: do you read Greek and Hebrew, or are you just using an idiomatically suspect English translation?

I have discussed this with you in good faith. The very least you can do is try to do more than mutter, "nope, not true, neener neener."

So, let's back up: do you read Greek and Hebrew, or are you just using an idiomatically suspect English translation?

That is all he does using maximum effort. Don't expect anything more than "I know stuff that you don't" claims.

Galatians 5.

How about a specific verse?

Back
Top Bottom