• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Seek to set SCOTUS term limits.

Once again, if the Democrats don't get what they want, they try to change the system.

:

The presumption of the Founders was indicated in both the Constitution...

...and in national tradition, as Supreme Court Justices have continued in the role until death, resignation, or impeachment.

Much like the Presidency, Washington set a tradition of two terms when he voluntarily chose to leave office and not seek re-election for a third term. But it was not a Constitutional limitation, as demonstrated by F.D.R.'s election to four terms. That led to the 22nd Amendment, which CONSTITUTIONALLY limited the office-holder to two terms.

So while Congress can impeach a Justice, and can expand of contract the number or members, it would require a Constitutional Amendment to set "term limits" of any kind.

Can't people see the hypocrisy of the Left, and the Democrat leadership with all these "childish tantrums?"

They remind me of spoiled children, who will pout, scream, stomp their feet, and demand they have their way.

Regardless of how it affects the nation they seek to "rule" in perpetuity.

I think it should be sixteen years.

I agreed with them. 🤷‍♂️

Why? IMO the "charges" were BS. The entire Impeachment attempt was (IMO) a partisan effort to "keep their promise" to those who elected them to impeach Trump, and they were willing to do it by hook or crook.

Those "witnesses" were witness to nothing. Every one of them had already testified as to their "knowledge" in public hearings. I know, I watched them. There was no "There, there."

Meanwhile, there is more evidence of Biden's "quid pro quo" (actually admitted on video) and influence peddling on behalf of his son Hunter not only in Ukraine, but China, and Russia.

Last point. This effort to impeach was occurring at a time when we were starting to hear about the possible outbreak in China, and that impeachment was tying up both our attention and that of Trump's Administration.

IMO had it not occurred, things might have gone differently with Trump able to focus on the China Virus. :coffee:

I seem to recall Trump saying his impeachment was an undemocratic way of removing a democratically elected president

You just have to laugh

Or do you actually believe that Trump won the recent election ?

On a side note, since the Senate rules were changed, do you think Trump would have been acquitted had the Senate been afforded a secret vote similar to what court room juries enjoy ?

Back
Top Bottom