• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats need to fight extra hard in 2022/2024

No. Is that seriously what you took away from what I posted? -smh-

What choice is there? Thats sort of my whole point.

It makes me a guy living in a phony "democracy" that realizes the illusion of "choice" is just an illusion. The exact same entities that pay the GOP also pay the DNC.
It is your country, for you to change (not me), and sometimes losing a battle can win you the war.

Vote for an independent (conservative; since that is what you believe is the best society)) candidate or put yourself out there as one.

It's tempting to want to think, it's CLEAR how horrible trump was, and CLEAR how much better Democrats were, so the country will not vote for Republicans again right?

Besides all the voter suppression measures and plans to outright steal the next elections, let's look at history.

Nixon/Watergate -> disaster -> Carter was better - then the disaster of Reagan.

Reagan/Bush 12 years of disaster (e.g. massive increase in debt, Iran-Contra, S&L crisis and much more) -> Clinton was better (e.g., balanced the budget) -> Bush

Bush disaster (I shouldn't have to explain) -> Obama was better -> trump

See a pattern? Now add in the history that something like 19 of the last 21 elections the opposition party gaining seats in mid-terms, and Democrats having razer thin margins, and Democrats are looking at a huge danger in the next elections, and need to do a lot more to win than normal.

No question, Craig

We need to make sure everyone knows how the rotten republican DEVILS are trying to rig future elections...

LaGRANGE, Ga. — Lonnie Hollis has been a member of the Troup County election board in West Georgia since 2013. A Democrat and one of two Black women on the board, she has advocated Sunday voting, helped voters on Election Days and pushed for a new precinct location at a Black church in a nearby town.

But this year, Ms. Hollis will be removed from the board, the result of a local election law signed by Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican. Previously, election board members were selected by both political parties, county commissioners and the three biggest municipalities in Troup County. Now, the G.O.P.-controlled county commission has the sole authority to restructure the board and appoint all the new members. ...

Folks...this is what you get from people who look at the world through Dem colored glasses.
Well, there are more Dems than Reps, so get out the vote and smack the states trying to curtail the vote and Dems will win! Why do you think they are trying so hard?

Well, there are more Dems than Reps, so get out the vote and smack the states trying to curtail the vote and Dems will win! Why do you think they are trying so hard?
on the money .......

The party of the incumbent new President usually loses the next midterm elections, but so far a lot of Republican incumbent Senators have retired and even Grassley in IA might.

And some others like Rubio who are not retiring might be beatable too, even though it will be hard.

And in NH, Republicans might not get their top recruit with Gov. Sununu (who could decide against running).

Its not just the campaigns that send people to DC that are important in the mid-terms. Its the statewide positions that are vitally important BECAUSE THIS IS STILL A REPUBLIC.

While I am convinced that the State Election Law effort by Republicans is centered in RNC headquarters, the rubber meets the road in the states. Historically DEM's do not come out for the mid-terms and their loses are staggering for that lack of effort. You can take this one to the bank. You will not keep up with your political opponents in statewide offices if they come out and outvote you every mid-term and you just come out when your Presidential nominee is at the top of the ticket. You simply will not make up what you have lost most particularly in statewide elections.

I just watched a bunch of DEM and one ex-Repuke talking heads and it made me mad enough to want to kick in the TV. The whining was almost unbearable. "The voters did everything asked of them in 2020 and its galling to them that they won the WH, the Senate and the House and still seem to be stuck in the mud."

I would add, they did everything asked of them in 2018.

However 2018 better be a trend and not an anomaly if DEM's really want to get somewhere. The decades long trend for DEM's is not to come out for the Mid-terms. Now voting is down in Mid-terms generally. But historically, DEM turnout is downright anemic and they simply loss too much ground in the statewide offices for it. So 2014 saw the usual anemic DEM turnout followed by the "well we really don't like Hillary, Bernie got robbed" turnout which was anemic by normal DEM Presidential election standards. Granted, they had foreign maligned election interference that was actually targeted thanks to Paul Manafort and others and we had James Comey and his God complex to deal with. But I am not sure that Republicans would have wilted in the face of that fire.

Granted the DEM's took back the Virginia Governor's Mansion and the statehouse along the way and made headway in other states that had been DEM strongholds for years but had then been lost. Whoopdie-ding-dong. Guess what, celebrate with a half glass of champaign and get back to work.

Worse this bunch-a-bonehead talking heads blamed Biden for what is going on in the states. WHAT??????

Get your heads screwed on straight, prepare to go to war in 2022 and don't ever go back to the historical DEM perspective on Mid-term elections again.

If they want to win, then yes, they will have to work hard at it. Particularly given the voting access laws the GOP is currently trying to put in place. So they will have to campaign, they will have to grassroots some of this if they want to win.

Traditionally, the President's party tends to lose in the midterms, so to fight that trend, they have to work hard for it.

If they want to win, then yes, they will have to work hard at it. Particularly given the voting access laws the GOP is currently trying to put in place. So they will have to campaign, they will have to grassroots some of this if they want to win.

Traditionally, the President's party tends to lose in the midterms, so to fight that trend, they have to work hard for it.
Just heard more whiny BS...same 24/7 different talking heads. "Voters turned Georgia blue in 2020".

REALLY.....did they????? That is news to me.

Back
Top Bottom