• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Entrenchment

Bassman

Next we have #12. The Larch
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Let's say for laughs the Democrats finally get their wish of 100% control over the Federal Government. And they've stayed there for say 50+ years just like in every urban shithole. What do you think the country would look like with zero opposition to their agenda of total takeover? Does anyone really believe that permanent one party Leftist rule would benefit America in any way?

Your scenario happened back in the 1930's under Roosevelt.

We got social security, unemployment insurance, and other social programs. Johnson got us Medicare, I think.

Your scenario happened back in the 1930's under Roosevelt.

We got social security, unemployment insurance, and other social programs. Johnson got us Medicare, I think.
And a prolonged depression. Only WWII got us out of it. No, I don't want the election choices to be "what flavor Democrat would you like?"

It'll be pretty sweet. Thanks for cheering me up, just thinking about it.

We should start by recognizing that healthcare is a superior right to gun ownership and should be treated as such.

Democrat Entrenchment

my guess is that they will institute dictatorial communism. fox news will be banned, though some will sing of it like The Bells Of St. Clement's in 1984, only without fun secret sex in the bushes. Victory Gin will be available for the reeducated and broken. the pigs will get all of the milk, and hard working conservatives will be sent off to be recycled. everyone else will be required to smell like pumpkin spice and listen to NPR. the good news is that instead of sabotaging windmills, more windmills will be built.

They will be permitted to sing of it, secretly, at a volume of not greater than 25% on any standard iphone, on every 18th Sunday of every third year, but only while building windmills.

They will be permitted to sing of it, secretly, at a volume of not greater than 25% on any standard iphone, on every 18th Sunday of every third year, but only while building windmills.

doubleplusgood. i was told that i could listen at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

We should start by recognizing that healthcare is a superior right to gun ownership and should be treated as such.
Over.my dead body. Give me liberty or give.me death. Better dead than red as in Communist.

Over.my dead body. Give me liberty or give.me death. Better dead than red as in Communist.

Comrade Bassman:

Have you ever looked inside living body? It's red. Your plan is dead in water as most of you is already red. All that remains is your mind and surface tissues. But given enough time, those can be reprogrammed too, comrade! Moo-haa-haa!

Cheers and be red.
Comissar Evilroddski.

No, Im not a fan of one party rule but the Republican party in it’s current form is complete garbage...so would prefer Democratic control if the 2nd party is the current Republican party

Except that the Constitution specifically says we can own a gun and doesn't mention health insurance. What makes you believe that health care is a right? I agree you are entitlee to purchase it but guaranteed provided by the government or paid for by the government, where is that laid out in the Constitution?

Constitution says we can belong to a militia.

Whatever we do, it's better than letting the Repug QAnon Party have power.

Let me break it down for you in simple terms that even you might be able to understand -- No business and no wealthy person wants these crazy QAnon ****s running the country. You people are too dangerous and too scary to have political power.

You'll have no country left to run if the only people still in it are racists, QAnon conspiracy cranks, and anti-science crazy ****s. Because everyone else will ****ing leave.

The CONSERVATIVE U.S. Supreme Court said a couple of years ago that government-funded health care is constitutional. Next?

I never said that it was in the Constitution. We'd add an Amendment recognizing it as such. Whatshisface who talks about Stalin and Bolsheviks all the time said we controlled the entire government.

His fantasy, not mine.

And a prolonged depression. Only WWII got us out of it. No, I don't want the election choices to be "what flavor Democrat would you like?"
That depression was brought on by a conservative who deregulated Wall Street, like Geo.W.Bush did and the refusing to act to alleviate the problem after the crash.

I'll vote republican if there is every a republican like Dwight Eisenhower. Is that what you mean by what flavor of democrat do you like? Even Nixon looks good compared to Trump because he knew to get out of DC when he got caught in his hand in the cookie jar, instead of holding Klan rallies.

Please don't tell Bassman that the goal of most liberals and progressive in the US is what you already have in the Peoples Republic of Canukistan. Social Democrat Bernie is almost of match with your Justin Trudeau, but its fan to listen to him whine about America becoming communist if the progressive ever get control.

Last edited:
Comrade Lisa:

Life in People's Democratic Republic of Canukistan is not all perfect. Redistribution of snow is going well but the Great Leader's son (The Dear Leader Justin Trudeau) is make big mistakes with money and law. As leader of fiscally conservative vanguard, I mad at Comrade Justin for blowing big billions of dollars on oil/gas pipelines bought by Canukistan Government to bail out rich bourgeoisie Texan investors when pipeline go bust. Could have picked up at fire-sale price, real cheap, but paid $ 2.5 billion CAD more than pipe was worth. Bad deal. Also keeps spending money we don't have, even with higher taxes. Social safety net good but should not extend to Texan millionaires when poor Canucks need it more. So Trudeau not such good leader and need to send him to Gulag while maybe Comrade Chrystia (Trotsky) Freeland replaces Dear Leader and does good job, smart lady! But Medicare, low cost education, hockey fights, poutine, real beer and Beaver Tails much better than running dog capitalist America under Tsar Donald I. So balances out.

Cheers be well.
Comrade Evilroddski.
Long live People's Democratic Republic of Canukistan and international revolution.

One big goal has been the protection of the basic human rights and dignity of all American citizens (and not just particular demographics), as laid out in the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

As you may know, this was spearheaded by the United States after the horrors of World War II, and by now has been signed by just about every nation on the planet. Initially it was opposed by a few, like som Arab nations (because they didn’t want to let women vote), and by the Soviet bloc nations, (because they didn’t want to let anybody vote). But even those countries have signed on too now. It was a cornerstone of US foreign policy from then until the last two decades or so, when those ideas have come under siege right here at home and are being threatened for US citizens themselves.

These rights include things like that governments should aspire to protect all their citizens’ access to the most basic human dignities, like access to food, clean water, shelter, access to healthcare, a basic education, and the right to vote- even if they hit hard times.

No, this is not a slippery slope to government buying everyone a luxury car. This is what every developed or developing country on the planet today is striving to provide for its citizens, even if it’s just to pay lip service to those things.

Propagating human right seems not only to NOT stifle democracy or prosperity, it promotes it. It seems any government today which is unwilling or incompetent to provide those things is no longer worthy of the name. The freedom of the jungle and survival of the fittest approach does not seem compatible with modern civil society or economy.

Last edited:
Let’s find out!

Time to slice and dice this word salad. First off the UN is useless and should never have been formed. Second. Nobody is entitled to MY money.

Just for entertainment purposes only, I would love to see a Biden presidency.

His cabinet:

Warren - the corporate warrior who screwed the little guy for years.
Bernie - the marxist freeloader who couldn't hold a job running the Labor Dept.
AOC - the loveable ditz!
Rashida Tlaib - special counsel for hating America
Beto - or is it machine gun Beto?
Hillary - drag her fat ass out of retirement as special envoy to Libya

Time to slice and dice this word salad. First off the UN is useless and should never have been formed. Second. Nobody is entitled to MY money.

Are you entitled to police and fire protection? What about social security and medicare? How about those nice roads you drive to Walmart on?

Tell you what. This would give Rush and Hannity ammo for years. Plus new Conservative commentators would rise up.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…