• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

Effectively defined by the West, of course. Who's interests do you think I want forwarded? I'm not Russian. I don't live in their sphere of interest, nor do I want to.

Ok, no matter who gets hurt in the foreign policy action, so long as US interests are advanced, that's your yardstick. I understand.

It very well could be tampered with, I don't know.

It was 95%. It MAY have been tampered with? lol

I don't know why you went on with the rest of your post, I told you that I understand what Russia is doing.

I guess it's a done deal, huh?

It was 95%. It MAY have been tampered with? lol

I don't know why you went on with the rest of your post, I told you that I understand what Russia is doing.

Ok, and I told you that I would support the US doing the same thing, under the same circumstances, with or without a rigged referendum.

It is a puppet government. As with regards to Libya, it's likely there was something going on over there that they don't want anyone to know about. Do you think they will tell the truth about it?

But back to Ukraine, Victoria Nuland, et al, were very active in Ukraine prior to the overthrow of Yanukovych. Nuland wasn't just passing out cookies. She was threatening Ukraine's richest man to put pressure on the government. Here's what Steven Pifer was suggesting

According to this Financial Mirror dot com - EU abandons Ukraine pact, Washington pushes for sanctions

That's the way they operate.

Please note that the article is dated December 16, 2013, long before Yulia Tymoshenko was freed. And you want me to believe that the US DOES NOT have a puppet government in Kiev. Please!!!

So in a global conflict, which would require who knows how many fronts, you think 1/4 the size of our troop base will handle it just fine. That'll be great when Russia and China join forces against us, and all we have is Canada and Europe with the three bags of bottle rockets.

And those "empires" collapsed because they grew to large through massive land grabs, not from the size of the military. How ridiculous. We are not imperialists. We defend those that can't defend themselves, sometimes. No one else on the planet steps in to defend anyone unless we beg like dogs for them to do so.

What is this Global Conflict- a sudden world war flashing up out of no where? Are we to rush to everyone else's aid? We was talking national defense, not defending the world. If a conflict breaks out in a region we would be better served to have allies who have built their own defense force rather than think we are coming to protect them.

Why are China and Russia joining forces? Why would they want to attack us? The Cold War was for economic advantage not war. We would do far better to concentrate on what made us great which wasn't arms but commercial trade.

Massive land grabs???? Ummm that means a massive military to defend trade routes and economic interests in those regions... same as now without direct ownership of the Empire... more a lease plan... We are VERY much Imperialists, our forces never leave a nation we 'help' and our corporations are the modern day eqiv of the East India Tea Company.

So the rationale for a military spending as much as most our allies and all our major enemies is to be the Policeman of the World???? :doh

Would YOU fight and die for Darfur????

So you don't see a difference between the land expansion of the Roman, Persian, and British empires versus the U.S.?

And for the record, no, I don't want to police the world, but the rest of the world EXPECTS us to. European countries RELY on it. They couldn't fight off a band of gypsies, tramps, and thieves.

Since I leave early tomorrow for Oklahoma Cty on a 12-hour drive to the College Wrestling Nationals,
I'll have satellite radio, all the regular AM/FM, and of course my brothers and sisters here at dp that I read but don't text while I'm driving.

The wrestling community is very conservative, so after each of our six sessions,
we'll pile into the local pubs and grills for NCAA basketball and political bull****.

I'm convinced we can come together as a Nation and still have a difficult election.
Patience, planning, preparedness and then forthright action should be our outline .

Here's some more on the puppet government in Ukraine

Washington's Man Yatsenyuk Setting Ukraine Up For Ruin - Forbes

Looks like they are getting ready to do to Ukraine what was done to Greece.

Like I said, a puppet government.

More on how the puppet government works.

Want to know how Yanukovych was ousted? Here's how. Victoria Nuland threatened Rinat Akhmetov. Akhmetov then put the pressure on Yanukovych to leave. Nuland operates gangster style.

Ukraine oligarch claims he pleaded with Yanukovich to resign | beyondbrics

That's how they did it.

Yep. I guess Victoria Nuland's little talk with Rinat Akhmetov had a big effect on things over in the Ukraine. After the "the talk", Akhmetov started calling for talks. Geoffrey Pyatt, the guy on the other end of Victoria Nuland's f*ck the EU conversation, came out in praise of Akhmetov's call for talks.

US ambassador hails Akhmetov's advice on way out of crisis

Here's something from a article on Ukrainska Pravda dated December 17, 2013

It may just be me, but I sense a theme coming from one of our glorious members.

Keep the faith... Maybe someone will believe you.

I'm wondering how many of our new Putin-supporting posters are working for Russia.
It's not like the Russian people have an open internet or a free press.
The USA will always be a far superior Nation to Russia because we are FREE.

As an example, Putin was allowed to spread his LIEs in one of our newspapers,
and even some of our GOPs forgot how free we are and agreed with his slams on Obama .

It is good to simply not even read their propaganda.
While they're spreading their manure, they should think of how FREE they are to do so in the USA.
They may want to think of human rights abuses to their fellow comrades in their own media in TV, radio and newspapers .

It's not just me. Apparently Euromaidan, the people that were protesting against Yanukovych, believed it. Here's something from their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/emaidanua/posts/558345107588502

Victoria Nuland wasn't just out there passing out cookies. She was threatening to kick some butt!

Ok, no matter who gets hurt in the foreign policy action, so long as US interests are advanced, that's your yardstick. I understand.

lol who's interests are you trying to advance?

Ok, and I told you that I would support the US doing the same thing, under the same circumstances, with or without a rigged referendum.

You blame the US for Pearl Harbor, so I think we both know that that's a blatant lie.

Puppets do as they are demanded to do by the people who pull the strings.

And Putin pulled the strings .

Ah, probably involves the Illuminati.

I just don't understand this at all. WHO CARES HOW MANY PEOPLE IN CRIMEA WANT TO BE PART OF RUSSIA!!! Lets take a look at this for one second.

Do you see Crimea.... now, take a look at Russia.. One thing should stand out to you almost instantly. Crimea is located right next to Russia and is tiny in comparison. If people in Crimea want to be a part of Russia so badly, WHY DON'T THEY JUST SIMPLY MOVE THERE!!!! The truth of the matter is that this whole thing is a test by Russia to see who will stand up to their military actions. They are also testing a strategy that could potentially be used again to annex other neighbors and may be watching closely to if the international community does anything about it. My fear is that if a precedent is not set here with Crimea, it may embolden Russia to try this same strategy on larger neighbors.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…