• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Trump really win against multiple indictments?

“It might be … another Columbine, kids being slaughtered – any preventable, tragic loss of life that repeats time and again for which no remedy is forthcoming. All of this is beyond the average Australian’s capacity to understand.”

It is worse that he realizes. It’s not just that our gun folk couldn’t care less if children are slaughtered, they see it as an opportunity to make a sales pitch for more guns.
Ah, but this is even more important.
In terms of guns, we would say in our somewhat impulsive wisdom that it is time that those with the capacity to change laws that might prevent the mass murder of children and refuse to do so were made to account
Sadly, scoring partisan points is all that's being done

Some woke Dems would want you to make an exception if the criminal is a dear sweet "victim of society" who just happens to rob or to sucker punch or to loot or to rape or even to murder someone.
I don't know any. I suspect this is another Republican myth like "devil worshippers sacrificing children," "open borders," "child sex rings in pizza parlors," and "trans the children."

My point is that the laws protecting national secrets may very well take precedence over sentencing laws

Again, what laws?

We have laws to suspended justice because of threats?

This point I don't think valid at all but I am not a lawyer so...

Credence said:
President Biden appears to be medically fit. His mental faculties seem reasonable from down under, with some doubts about his ageing body.

On the other hand, former President Trump might adequately pass a fitness test. But his cognitive capacity is that of a ten-year-old, and on that finding alone would be disqualified from running.

Any consideration that the writer might be engaging in a reasoned argument went right out the window with the above statements.
Doesn't happen often, but I agree with you Mycroft. Trump would never pass the fitness test either.

Again, what laws?

We have laws to suspended justice because of threats?

This point I don't think valid at all but I am not a lawyer so...
It's called immunity. It can apply to civil lawsuits, criminal prosecution, and punishment. That's what Trump and his lawyers have been trying to argue. The immunity from prosecution argument failed, but immunity from certain types of punishment has not yet been tested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_immunity#

The question is how far does this go when applied to the president of the United States? We'll hopefully get an answer (and a subsequent legal precedent) to this once Donald Trump has been tried and convicted for his crimes.

Back
Top Bottom