• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cornell Students (and Faculty?) Move Against Intellectual Diversity

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It is a sad day when members of a great university surrender to political passions and abandon free inquiry and the free exchange of ideas.

There's an Effort to Get Me Fired at Cornell

William Jacobson, Legal Insurrection

Or if not fired, at least publicly denounced by the law school. Student groups plan to demand the law school “critically examine the views of the people they employ as professors of the law.”
There is an effort underway to get me fired at Cornell Law School, where I’ve worked since November 2007, or if not fired, at least denounced publicly by the school.
Ever since I started Legal Insurrection in October 2008, it’s been an awkward relationship given the overwhelmingly liberal faculty and atmosphere. Living as a conservative on a liberal campus is like being the mouse waiting for the cat to pounce.

For over 12 years, the Cornell cat did not pounce. Though there were frequent and aggressive attempts by outsiders to get me fired, including threats and harassment, it always came from off campus.
I made great efforts to keep this website separate from my work. I did not write about Cornell that frequently, and rarely about the law school itself. Nonetheless, the website and my political views were the elephant in every room, because the website is widely read, particularly by non-liberal students.Over the years, many students approached me privately and behind closed doors to express gratitude that someone was able to speak up, because they remained politically silent out of fear of social ostracization with the related possible career damage from falsely being accused of one of the “-ists” or “-isms.”
Not until now, to the best of my knowledge, has there been an effort from inside the Cornell community to get me fired.
The impetus for the effort was two posts I wrote at Legal Insurrection regarding the history and tactics of the Black Lives Matter Movement:

Those posts accurately detail the history of how the Black Lives Matters Movement started, and the agenda of the founders which is playing out in the cultural purge and rioting taking place now. . . .

Last edited:
Well this sort of thing highlights why tenure exists.

It is a sad day when members of a great university surrender to political passions and abandon free inquiry and the free exchange of ideas.

There's an Effort to Get Me Fired at Cornell

William Jacobson, Legal Insurrection

[FONT=&]Or if not fired, at least publicly denounced by the law school. Student groups plan to demand the law school “critically examine the views of the people they employ as professors of the law.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]There is an effort underway to get me fired at Cornell Law School, where I’ve worked since November 2007, or if not fired, at least denounced publicly by the school.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Ever since I started Legal Insurrection in October 2008, it’s been an awkward relationship given the overwhelmingly liberal faculty and atmosphere. Living as a conservative on a liberal campus is like being the mouse waiting for the cat to pounce.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]For over 12 years, the Cornell cat did not pounce. Though there were frequent and aggressive attempts by outsiders to get me fired, including threats and harassment, it always came from off campus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]I made great efforts to keep this website separate from my work. I did not write about Cornell that frequently, and rarely about the law school itself. Nonetheless, the website and my political views were the elephant in every room, because the website is widely read, particularly by non-liberal students.Over the years, many students approached me privately and behind closed doors to express gratitude that someone was able to speak up, because they remained politically silent out of fear of social ostracization with the related possible career damage from falsely being accused of one of the “-ists” or “-isms.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Not until now, to the best of my knowledge, has there been an effort from inside the Cornell community to get me fired.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The impetus for the effort was two posts I wrote at Legal Insurrection regarding the history and tactics of the Black Lives Matter Movement:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Those posts accurately detail the history of how the Black Lives Matters Movement started, and the agenda of the founders which is playing out in the cultural purge and rioting taking place now. . . . [/FONT]

Did anyone else spot the irony here? While “hands up” was indeed a false narrative of the Michael Brown shooting, “wilding” was the false narrative used to wrongfully convict the Central Park 5 in the 1989 rape and murder of Trisha Meili, the Central Park Jogger. (Yes, there was a group going around randomly assaulting people, but Meili was not one of their victims and the convicted youts were not part of the group).

Did anyone else spot the irony here? While “hands up” was indeed a false narrative of the Michael Brown shooting, “wilding” was the false narrative used to wrongfully convict the Central Park 5 in the 1989 rape and murder of Trisha Meili, the Central Park Jogger. (Yes, there was a group going around randomly assaulting people, but Meili was not one of their victims and the convicted youts were not part of the group).

Regardless of its unfortunate origin, "wilding" has entered the general lexicon.

Regardless of its unfortunate origin, "wilding" has entered the general lexicon.

I haven’t heard it much if at all since the early 90’s. And its use in context is still ironic....decrying a term used in a false narrative against Whites and then using a term used in another false narrative against. Blacks and Hispanics.

I haven’t heard it much if at all since the early 90’s. And its use in context is still ironic....decrying a term used in a false narrative against Whites and then using a term used in another false narrative against. Blacks and Hispanics.

As you wish.

However you wish, tenure exists for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom