• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College & High School Wrestling 22/23

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational wraps up at 3:00 your time with finals and third-place. Lots of All-Americans here ready for the long season until March.
@radioman

Anything 'wrestling' is worthwhile. It is the toughest of all scholastic sports
Girl’s/women’s wrestling is growing across the country.
The physical training will prepare them for life-long defense.
The recent Olympics showed how awesome they are.
States are giving them sanctioned titles.
They’re wrestling on varsity teams here in IL.

Boy’s wrestling will take time in IL to build back up (Covid)
We have three #1 nationally ranked out of the 14 weights and they’re seniors. We’re thin after that.

Thank you for your comment.
Iowa State at Iowa on Sunday 2:30 ET big ten channel.

Girl’s/women’s wrestling is growing across the country.
The physical training will prepare them for life-long defense.
The recent Olympics showed how awesome they are.
States are giving them sanctioned titles.
They’re wrestling on varsity teams here in IL.

Boy’s wrestling will take time in IL to build back up (Covid)
We have three #1 nationally ranked out of the 14 weights and they’re seniors. We’re thin after that.

Thank you for your comment.
Iowa State at Iowa on Sunday 2:30 ET big ten channel.
Pleasure. We are in Penn State country here

Pleasure. We are in Penn State country here
The beast of the east; for a good decade; Cael is awesome. Your Pennsylvania has the best HS wrestling year after year, and that’s an understatement.

PSU is number one again this year. then Iowa.
They have 4 ncaa champs back.
Their RTC Regional Training Center is the best.

They beat Lehigh 9 of 10 matches yesterday, but their #1 ranked 197 in the Nation got beat in OT by the #16.
The two printouts from the teams had their usual takes on a top-ranked kid going down.
(Lengthy review after 3rd period let the Lehigh guy gas up.)

The beast of the east; for a good decade; Cael is awesome. Your Pennsylvania has the best HS wrestling year after year, and that’s an understatement.

PSU is number one again this year. then Iowa.
They have 4 ncaa champs back.
Their RTC Regional Training Center is the best.

They beat Lehigh 9 of 10 matches yesterday, but their #1 ranked 197 in the Nation got beat in OT by the #16.
The two printouts from the teams had their usual takes on a top-ranked kid going down.
(Lengthy review after 3rd period let the Lehigh guy gas up.)
The Pennsylvania Scholastic Wrestling Hall Of Fame is mourning the loss of an unforgetable man who died Thursday. I worked with him for many years.

1670121438179.png

The Pennsylvania Scholastic Wrestling Hall Of Fame is mourning the loss of an unforgetable man who died Thursday. I worked with him for many years.

View attachment 67425656
I noticed DuBois will have his visitation.
My thoughts are with you.
I’m reading up on PA wrestling thanks to you.
Found a great 2011 Inquirer article on Johnson.
I’ll be going to more wrestling this year also.

I was at the 2011 Nationals in Philadelphia.
My favorite wrestling gear top.
Wells Fargo is great being more vertical.
My nosebleed seats didn’t really need binoculars.

That was the time Taylor got pinned in the semis.
No matter where the big-time pin, the roar is incredible.
Like when Snyder got pinned in St. Louis.

Big Ten Wrestling on Big 10 channel Michigan at Penn State.

Sold-out & electric Bryce Jordan next Friday for #2 Iowa at 1 Penn State. PSU has 4 returning national champions, other top returnees, and top new freshmen. Their RTC, regional training center, is the best.

Iowa has returning champ Lee from PA at 125 and 4 Illinois HS guys to go All-American. The duals come down to matchups where Iowa ‘might’ catch up. PSU could be the best tournament team ever.

Big Ten wrestling on big ten channel double dual Ohio State hosting Penn State followed by Iowa at Minnesota. ACC channel with North Carolina and Pittsburgh.

Carver Hawkeye is full for Iowa and Oklahoma State at this moment on the Big Ten channel. Conference championships in two weeks; nationals in four weeks

Big Ten channel with the tournament going from 14 to 8 and 8 to 4 in the first round from 10:00 AM to 2:00 pm ET.

Big Ten (B1G) on with split-box for semis now at 124 pounds.

Quarterfinals of nationals in espnu

Whoa....Spencer Lee goes down.
Huge upset.

RBY goes down to Vito.
So, I watched most of the finals.
Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but I'm amazed at the amount of knee twisting that occurs during matches.
Makes my knees hurt just watching.
Part of the sport and not done intentionally of course.
Maybe this twisting explains why Spencer Lee has had both ACL's re-constructed.
Don't get me started on cauliflower ears. LOL

So, I watched most of the finals.
Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but I'm amazed at the amount of knee twisting that occurs during matches.
Makes my knees hurt just watching.
Part of the sport and not done intentionally of course.
Maybe this twisting explains why Spencer Lee has had both ACL's re-constructed.
Don't get me started on cauliflower ears. LOL
Won’t see the tape until I get home from Arizona next week. Weather finally broke here in the Phoenix area. Never been to spring training before. Saw your Giants B team and Manaea beat the WSox today. Can’t believe the roads d building construction here. And super high gas prices 😩

Won’t see the tape until I get home from Arizona next week. Weather finally broke here in the Phoenix area. Never been to spring training before. Saw your Giants B team and Manaea beat the WSox today. Can’t believe the roads d building construction here. And super high gas prices 😩
I haven't been to Arizona for several years, but I do remember saving $1.00 per gallon when we crossed into Arizona.
As for the construction... both road and housing....Arizona better figure out their water usage priorities pretty quick.
Otherwise, they will turn into California. LOL.

I haven't been to Arizona for several years, but I do remember saving $1.00 per gallon when we crossed into Arizona.
As for the construction... both road and housing....Arizona better figure out their water usage priorities pretty quick.
Otherwise, they will turn into California. LOL.
Iowa at Iowa State Men’s College Wrestling at 3:00 ET on ESPN first time ever for a college Dual to be broadcast nationally.

Iowa at Iowa State Men’s College Wrestling at 3:00 ET on ESPN first time ever for a college Dual to be broadcast nationally.
ooops....missed this.
Pretty big deal for wrestling.
Looking at different TV options.
Xfinity doesn't even carry the Big10 network with my plan.
I could pay extra but I'm already at the $200 mark.
HULU+ seems to have way better programming at a lower price.
Good luck to your local HS team this year.

ooops....missed this.
Pretty big deal for wrestling.
Looking at different TV options.
Xfinity doesn't even carry the Big10 network with my plan.
I could pay extra but I'm already at the $200 mark.
HULU+ seems to have way better programming at a lower price.
Good luck to your local HS team this year.
IA won 18-14. IA loses four wrestlers for the year due to betting on college sports, which can be done in IA, not IL. Not that it would make a difference 🆚 Penn State.

Penn State poached the 133 from Minnesota and Truax from Cal. They have ~ 5 tournament finalists. Some college guys are out with the Olympic red shirt for next year.

Takedowns are 3 points now. Lots of new stuff. Today was the end of what they’re calling week 4 in college. There was the Super 32 already in North Carolina for HS.

Your CA had a lot of good kids at the 32. Girls wrestling continues to develop with good boys wrestling states having girls State tourneys. I have FloWrestling and it’s great, but I think they favor the PA, eastern and recruiting schools. IL has a good sophomore class.

Back
Top Bottom